Freezing

Sirius

Hi all me and a friend having problems again with a lot of freezing anyone else having issues if not a recommendation please
Also can anyone tell me how to find AGC and BER my SNR Is 94ish which is good

Last edited:
have you contacted your provider?

I assume the FTA channels such as bbc1 & ITV SD are not affected

We have been having on going issues for a while, provider says no problems when asked so not sure if it’s a Manchester problem so feed back on here will help eliminate that concern

We have been having on going issues for a while, provider says no problems when asked so not sure if it’s a Manchester problem so feed back on here will help eliminate that concern
If your with virmin just check the service status in your postcode to rule that out the equation etc

Quick update, don’t want to speak to soon but put a 6db thingy on before the splitter and it’s behaving perfectly, itv 2hd working fine and bbc 4 footy up to now

I am also experiencing alot of freezing on channel 4 HD.... The other channels are fine. Itv hd freezes now and again but ch4 hd is regularly freezing.

I have tried a number of other providers and have encountered the same issue with varying degrees of severity.

Any ideas what I can do?

I’m guessing we’re with the same provider.
Keeps saying he needs to reboot the server can anyone enlighten me why this keeps needing to be done. Had issues for nearly a month now freezing all the time, used to deliver a great service but really don’t know what’s going on of late.

I am also experiencing alot of freezing on channel 4 HD.... The other channels are fine. Itv hd freezes now and again but ch4 hd is regularly freezing.

I have tried a number of other providers and have encountered the same issue with varying degrees of severity.

Any ideas what I can do?
Keep taking tests till you find the one that channel 4 works and the ones it usually freezes on!

Keeps saying he needs to reboot the server can anyone enlighten me why this keeps needing to be done. Had issues for nearly a month now freezing all the time, used to deliver a great service but really don’t know what’s going on of late.
If the problems have been going on for that length of time for you and others, then its time to get a new provider, try as many tests as you can.

Still the same here freezing on all channels, a lot not clearing tried 6db thing on the incoming feed didn’t work all my cables are virmin connections so not that cat 7 network cable ? Think it’s time to change any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks

Try tests to find one that works best for you, and when you do find one, take a months sub only first, what works for one person may not work that well for you, as I am sure your current providers service will be working ok for a lot of his other clients, unless he is having any problems.

Just get as many tests as possible and when the channel that freezes quite bad stops you’ve got your line. Try all the channels itv channel 4 Dave as the movies and sports will work fine on cache servers but the other channels will have problems ie mine was mtv itv hd all the plus one channels. You will know when found one who uses local cards as things will improve dramatically. Also the prices will be higher do to the quality of it

Last edited:
I think I may have the same provider, says issue is with ecm being high, or can't do anything until config file gets updated. or rebooting server. Works fine for a few days, stutters in the evenings. Keeps saying no one else will provide same level of support as him. Getting fed up with it to be honest. I won't be renewing.

A member on here said he had 4 different lines from 4 providers said he was fine ? Just the odd issue is this the best way forward

Any ideas what I can do?
yes you can use freeview or freesat channels available subscription free (y):smiley::smiley::smiley:

Back