Friend wants to replace sly with iptv

tdvguy

A friend of mine has a broadband, tv and phone package with Sly. They don't wanna lose the recording service on sly, but I told them that iptv usually comes with vod so all their favourite series are available to watch at anytime. The only problem that's left is they also want to be able to record content on freeview channels. What would their best option be?

A Zgemma would be a good option.Freesat available plus over a hundred other channels still available inc, BT sports and discovery channels with a cheap line.Runs IPTV very well if set up correctly with a choice of skins

That's how my setup is in my bedroom I'm using a zgemma h2s remaining sly channels and added bonus of iptv

If you leave sky any recordings on their box cant be viewed,question is their box a sky q which uses a different lnb or/and your using other freesat boxes in same house.I try and keep things separate with sat and independent android boxes but as you can use iptv on most e2 boxes.Question is will sky throttle you if using iptv?

What are there viewings habits aswell, what broadband package?

You would want a mix of Freesat, C's line for non hd channels, and IPTV for HD channels no longer available on a Cline. You could just go for IPTV for all if they ha e a good BB speed and unlimited download.

Most IPTV providers will provide vod, some do catch-up aswell for the previous 7 days, and you can even record.

Depends on budget but something like a Zgemma H7s with Xtream Editor for Iptv and some providers offer 7 day catch up tv with that and also offer tv shows and movies and you have the satellite side for freeview.

What are there viewings habits aswell, what broadband package?

You would want a mix of Freesat, C's line for non hd channels, and IPTV for HD channels no longer available on a Cline. You could just go for IPTV for all if they ha e a good BB speed and unlimited download.

Most IPTV providers will provide vod, some do catch-up aswell for the previous 7 days, and you can even record.

They definitely want to upgrade their broadband to fibre. I've read that sly have good customer service, but their packages are expensive.

What channels are left on c line?

They definitely want to upgrade their broadband to fibre. I've read that sly have good customer service, but their packages are expensive.

What channels are left on c line?
Very few, there is a list on here of the ones left, I will try and dig it out. Lucky if their is a handful of HD channels, no sly ones.

If they had cable that would be the best option quality wise but other than that Iptv is the way to go to get all the channels.

Hey, Sorry but wasn't able to find a thread that fit with what I'm asking.

I'm fairly new to IPTV downloaded Smart IPTV onto my android box but every time I restart the box the app gives me a new MAC address to upload my playlist too. I've set it up on the tv fine and locked the MAC address there but the Android box doesn't give me this option.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks,

Rob

Back