FTA Channels disappearing

jimupc1

Hi,

I have a zgemma h2s with openatv 6.1 using the 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G Satellite and I have lost a lot of channels ie: all the CH5's,some ITV's and various other channels.

I have tried rebooting,service searching and scanning both manually and in auto and also auto bouquets but still no joy,channels are showing on the list and shown as playing but no picture or sound,can anyone help ?

Update satellites.xml,
Remove all services on 28.2
Do not use ABM or AB 28.2
Perform a manual scan, single satellite.
You should get 850+ services.

Also, install diseqc tester and run it.

Hi,
Thanks for your replies, I'm new to all of this and appreciate your time.
Open atv 6.1 was installed by someone else ,it had got Wooshbuild but it kept having problems and so they installed Openatv 6.1 as it was the most stable but I'm unable to get anymore help from them.
Can I carry out what you are suggesting on the box itself .

Update satellites.xml,
Remove all services on 28.2
Do not use ABM or AB 28.2
Perform a manual scan, single satellite.
You should get 850+ services.

Also, install diseqc tester and run it.
850 services? when I do a manual scan, I get 399 channels, all the bbc scotlands and ch5 stopped opening for me a while back, I thought everyone was in the same boat regarding this, seems thats not the case then, looks like I need to do a bit of tinkering.

Open atv 6.1 was installed by someone else ,it had got Wooshbuild but it kept having problems and so they installed Openatv 6.1 as it was the most stable but I'm unable to get anymore help from them.

I think ATV 6.1 came out in mid 2017 so about 5 years old now.
The current stable version is 6.4 I believe.
I would try installing Grogbuild if I were you as it sets everything up for you.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for your replies, I'm new to all of this and appreciate your time.
You will need to update your box probably, but if you do a manual scan on 28e, how many channels does it bring in, I am on open atv 6.4 and using grogbuild freerange, and I get 399, it should be more

If you are not receiving 850+ services, there is a hardware issue.

Yes it will be good to install new image, but that won't fix issue.

Tried the Diseqc Tester and I have a attached a file, it succeeded on the High Band,V but failed on the Low and High Band H.
Tried scanning with single satellite and cleared previous scans but still missing channels.
If you think it's a hardware issue do you mean the box itself or something else ?

Attachments

• Diseqc Tester.jpg
    Diseqc Tester.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 14
hardware can mean box, lnb, dish, cables etc. I have the h2s and its jsut left lying about. I plugged it in and as it was cold it took a while to warm up but once working it found all channels. The best image for this box is grogbuild with a usb in the rear. I expect you have a usb plugged in.

Can you reach dish, have you a spare lnb?

Your dish has moved or lnb is kaput

If diseqc tester has failed, it is most likely an LNB fault. There is the slightest possibility it is the tuner on receiver, you can rule that out by testing at someone else's house. They must not have Sky Q. Also possibility 12V PSU is not supplying enough power.

I have put my sat cable into my tv, its an Android/sat tv, it is picking up the 850 plus tv and radio channels, all bbc scotlands, wales and ch5s are working, so my problem lies with the box, tinkering time now.

What is a blind scan
A normal enigma2 scan uses the satellites.xml file to perform the scan. The satellites.xml file has a list of transponders to scan. So if that list is out of date, it won't scan the missing transponder. You can downloaded satellites.xml file from
Code:
 http://satellites-xml.org/
A blind scan as the name suggests, blindly scans the transponders. However, some receivers use a binary file that is not always perfect.

I don't think you should spend time on blind scan.

Back