FTP A File To Your ZGemma Using Filezilla

lee benson

hi guys i take no creadit for this as its come from another form so hear it is FTP to your Z with Filezilla

1. Download and install Filezilla and install on your PC

2. On your box, from the remote control, go to:
MENU - INFO PANEL - INFOS - NETWORK
Near the top of the page it should show:
Internet address: ###.###.#.### ( numbers should replace the hash tags )
Take a note of this internet address.
I use openATV but on other builds there may be different MENU options you may have to go under to find the internet address but it should be in the Network option.

3. Once Filezilla is installed on your PC, open the program and you should have a screen similar to this:

A = This is where to put the internet address that we took a note of earlier.

B = The username is: root

C = Press the quickconnect button to connect to your box.

D = The left side panel is the contents of your PC.

E = The right side panel will show the contents of what you are connecting to.

4. Once you have entered the details and connected to your box, you should have a screen similar to this:

F = Like I said before, the left side panel is the contents of your PC. From here you can choose the file(s) that you wish to transfer to your box.

G = The right side panel should now show you the contents of your box.

5. To transfer a file over to your box you must follow these steps:

-Once connected to your box, on the right side panel, find and open the destination folder you are going to put the file that you are transferring over.
-On the left side panel, find the file that you are going to be transferring over to your box.
-Right click on this file and click on upload.
-The file should now be showing in the folder on the right side panel.

Thats it, you just transferred a file from your PC over FTP to your box.

Last edited:
I don't use FileZilla or any other 3rd party FTP app. I just open up any folder on my PC and in the address bar type ftp: //box.ip.address.here (minus the space). It works on Windows 10 at least.

Yes i noticed that tonight on windows 10, I was trying to get openwebeif, and up popped all the usual folders from filezilla

ftp is easier to explain than trying to get everyone to setup their computers home network properly.

well i thought id post this anyway guys because i all ways see people asking the question how to put line in box.

your post is good lee. The question gets asked a lot. The instructions you have posted are for openatv though. Best to find your ip via. menu.. information... network. That is the same on all builds. Infopanel is not on vix.

Last edited:
yes i know that kiddac and there is plenty of info on the form about it and its 1 of the best forms out there for support people are friendly. help me out greatly when i hads my first slybox . but as threads get older they go down the list and people cant be bothed to look and ask the question. kiddac nice skin by the way and ill be giving it a go when my box comes so keep it up and thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 11:02 PM ----------

yes thanks again kiddac i think thats were people get a little confused en when it comes to images. but any input is well come guys

Last edited:
sorted it now :whacko: and yes it dont sound good sorry for that christmas got my head in a spin :oops:

Last edited:
same question as above I know this is an old thread but what file do i put image into on box? And what do I then do to intiate it to flash? The rason I ask is that the USB method is not working....

same question as above I know this is an old thread but what file do i put image into on box? And what do I then do to intiate it to flash? The rason I ask is that the USB method is not working....

are you trying a new image ,,,,,,you drag the zgemma folder to the usb drive ,,,also there is a file called noforce which is inside the sh1 folder,,,,rename it to force,,,,and retry in rear usb port

hi guys i take no creadit for this as its come from another form so hear it is FTP to your Z with Filezilla

1. Download and install Filezilla and install on your PC

2. On your box, from the remote control, go to:
MENU - INFO PANEL - INFOS - NETWORK
Near the top of the page it should show:
Internet address: ###.###.#.### ( numbers should replace the hash tags )
Take a note of this internet address.
I use openATV but on other builds there may be different MENU options you may have to go under to find the internet address but it should be in the Network option.

3. Once Filezilla is installed on your PC, open the program and you should have a screen similar to this:

A = This is where to put the internet address that we took a note of earlier.

B = The username is: root

C = Press the quickconnect button to connect to your box.

D = The left side panel is the contents of your PC.

E = The right side panel will show the contents of what you are connecting to.

4. Once you have entered the details and connected to your box, you should have a screen similar to this:

F = Like I said before, the left side panel is the contents of your PC. From here you can choose the file(s) that you wish to transfer to your box.

G = The right side panel should now show you the contents of your box.

5. To transfer a file over to your box you must follow these steps:

-Once connected to your box, on the right side panel, find and open the destination folder you are going to put the file that you are transferring over.
-On the left side panel, find the file that you are going to be transferring over to your box.
-Right click on this file and click on upload.
-The file should now be showing in the folder on the right side panel.

Thats it, you just transferred a file from your PC over FTP to your box.
Hi. I'm new to firezilla and was playing to get accustomed!! I used DCC for ccam, anyway I was impressed with your guide and it has help me as a old codger, one question I have is I want to transfer a url for epg for my iptv I have the script, does it have to be converted in anyway before ftp? and if so is there anything else I should do

Back