FULL BOX GUIDE NOW CABLE HAS GONE

This is my multisat system
Which I installed at home
80cm satellite dish multisat bracket
Two red rocket l.n.bs for 19 13 inverto octo
l.n.b for 28 3×4×1 switches
If anyone wants to install a similar system
I'll certainly help out
I would love to do that, have thought about it in the past but not sure if I would watch all those different sats lol, also it's far beyond my capability. Wife ain't happy with the cables I already have going round the house.

BUT saying that, could you give a 'shopping list' of equipent that would be needed in addition to a standard sat setup?

I have thought about multisat/motorised years ago but its expensive for one and tbh no one in my household will ever watch it. I may do at times but not sure if really worth it if I ever get it in the future.

Out of curiosity I imagine you get many more sats and channels with motorised than multisat setup?

I have thought about multisat/motorised years ago but its expensive for one and tbh no one in my household will ever watch it. I may do at times but not sure if really worth it if I ever get it in the future.

Out of curiosity I imagine you get many more sats and channels with motorised than multisat setup?
I'm just thinking I have a few sat boxes that aren't used so could plug each lnb into a different box and use fallback or channels importer plugin so can access all channels from each box to save maybe having a switch. but I don't have a clue what i am talking about really lol

I'm just thinking I have a few sat boxes that aren't used so could plug each lnb into a different box and use fallback or channels importer plugin so can access all channels from each box to save maybe having a switch. but I don't have a clue what i am talking about really lol
Get standard dish whacked up and 8 port lnb what I used to have for rooms downstairs.
front room, dining room, kitchen, and last feed into bedroom then a loop through to kids bedroom for open box lol

With cable going you still not going to touch it with stupid amounts of sats and channels available :ROFLMAO:
Its all rigged and and working great but just never use it. Just looking now and hawaii 5-0 is on canal in engish but i have the full series on my iptv if i want to view that. BOOK HIM BAZZA :mask:

Anyone wanting to add their setups please feel free (y)
Photos of new Multi Sat & Terrestrial network system in Dublin pointing at 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E, with Vodafone Gigabit Broadband, Ubiquiti Unifi AP & Zgemma H5 combo boxes. Previously had just a VM TV cable box in 1 room with a VM Broadband Router.

25CW PAN8.jpg

is there a multi bracket available for zone 2 sky dish?
There isn't a dedicated one but you can use an Invacom multi LNB bracket. The LNB holders on it are 40mm instead of 37mm but, assuming you have an MK4 dish like the vast majority these days, you can get around that using various methods.

This bracket doesn't fit onto the dish itself but rather around the neck of the existing LNB. You can even get two brackets and attach one to the other for more LNB's should needs be.

You would need to replace the existing LNB holder with an MK4 40mm adapter LNB holder and either tie some self amalgamating tape around the neck of your Sly MK4 LNB's to bulk their neck size up to 40mm, use non Sly LNB's or one my favourite buy some old Sly MK3 40mm LNB's. I've noticed there's a few sellers selling these with leagacy adapters thrown in. They don't say they're MK3 because they don't want the item to appear old but you can tell they're more bulky looking than modern Sly LNB's and made by brands such as Sharp, Grundig and Thomson. Nothing wrong with them of course and ideal for what you would be looking for. All available on the world's favourite auction site.

Attachments

• 4101iBhPn3L._SX355_.jpg
    4101iBhPn3L._SX355_.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 13
  • zone2_minidish.jpg
    zone2_minidish.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
With any satellite installation
its important to use the correct brackets If using l.bracket make sure
you have enough stand off to clear
obstacles With a T.K set the same
With any multisat system its (essential) that the bracket is 90°
if not when you tilt the multi bracket arm up you will not recieve the maximum s.n.r on all the transponders

The multi block brackets are supplied
in different sizes The t.d series bracket

have shorter arm The bracket i purchased for my system has longer
arm The t.d series is supplied with
decent Assembly and mounting instructions With in the instructions
you have assembly, adjustments slope
of beam tables for the different sizes
of satellite dish which shows country/city EL elevation ,l.n.b1 13east.+×(mm)
If your dish size is t.d78 your country
is Belfast elevation is 22.8 +× in mm
to l.n.b 1 which is 13 east is 90mm
to l.n.b 2 19east +×in mm will be 27mm Then to l.n.b 3 and l.n.b4 you
will have _× inmm which is 25 and 90mm Basically this is the distance
from the centre to the edge of each l.n.b holder that slides on to the multisat arm will attach diagrams
below

With the multi block assembled
take a marker pen and ruler measure
from the centre mark a line across the
bracket to the edge off each l.n.b holder Slide l.n.b 2 onto the arm upto
the mark this is the prime focus l.n.b
19 east Once you have the Satellite
bracket at 90°fit the Satellite dish onto
the bracket hand tighten all the nuts
make sure the same amount of thread
protrudes from the nut or the Satellite
dish will not be sitting square Look.
around to see if anyone has sky satellite dish This will give you a rough
indication of the south transponders
I used a satellite meter for for the next
part If you don't have a satellite meter
you could connect one of your satellite
cable feeds to the l.n.b and use sat finder on your reciever With the satellite meter connected or cable
to reciever move the satellite dish
left/right azimuth angle and up or down elevation angle until you peak
the signal on 19 east you will have to
adjust the skew angle of the l.n.b slightily to maximise the Signal Thats
19east sorted Tighten the elevation bolts and the bolts holding the satellite dish on the l.bracket evenly trying not to lose the signal Next slide l.n.b 1 13 east onto the arm up to the mark connect your sat meter or cable to
your reciever to check for signal You
should have a signal on 13 east might
not be a strong signal I had to move
the holder 2mm down the arm and adjust the skew angle of the l.n.b until
i peaked the signal Thats 13 east sorted You do the same for l.n.b 4 28
east and l.n.b 3 23.5 east When finished tighten the l.n.b holder screws and the tilt arm screws

Next you can fit Disqec switches either
4×1 or 2×1 I fitted 4×1 switches and
cable tied them to the satellite L bracket another opition would be to
fit them in the roof space With the
main satellite cable feeds to the recievers keep them the same lenght
dont cut them to suit your switch incase you decide to change your installation back to a fixed installation

Measure what length of satellite cable
you need to go from each l.n.b to the
different ports on the switch Use good
quality sattelite cable webro wf.100
Dress the cables on the ground Slide
rubber boots onto the cable first then
fit waterproof f connectors I marked my cables with tape so i could identify
which cable was going to port A,B,C,D
off the switch Always connect l.n.b1
to portA Which is 13east as it has lower s.n.r Then l.n.b2 which is 19east
to port B and l.n.b4 which is 28east to
port C Then the cable going to your reciever will be connected to the reciever port at the switch

With my set up i have six satellite cable
feeds three 4×1 switches fitted

80cm satellite dish
With 6 satellite cable feeds
3 × 4×1 disqec switches
Single cable feed for 28.2E/F/G reciever h9s
Twin cable feed for h9twin tunner b Configured for 28.2 E/F/G
Tunner A mode DISEQC A/B port A 13.0E Hotbird 13B/13/C/13E 19.2 Ku band Astra
1KR/1L/1M/1N
Same for the formuler f1 reciever
H2.s single cable feed tunner B not configured
Tunner A mode DISEQC port A /B/C
13.0E Hotbird 13B/13/C/13E 19.2 Ku band Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N 28.2 E/F/G port d not
Connected

Shopping list
80cm tacomate satellite dish
Tacomate DISEQC switches 4×1
Waterproof f connectors
Waterproof rubber boots to fit f connectors
Webro cable w.f 100
UNIVERSAL LNB QUAD BLACK BUSTER ROCKET 0.1dB ASTRA HOTBIRD 40MM
×3
4 LNB Multiblock Holder For Triax, SAB, Technomate, Inverto Multi Feed Dish

Attachments

• 20200611_142107.jpg
    20200611_142107.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20200611_141915.jpg
    20200611_141915.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 20200611_141721.jpg
    20200611_141721.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
  • 20200609_200137.jpg
    20200609_200137.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20200609_200056.jpg
    20200609_200056.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 40
  • 20200609_200021.jpg
    20200609_200021.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
Hi all,

got set up here ages ago with a cable line, with the end of that I've spent 6 months with IPTV that are fine for TV/VOD but as more and more people switch I see the lag between real-time 2 and IPTV 2-3 mins for football etc.

New years resolution is to get set up with a dish mainly to watch football, EPL and anything else no issue with non-eng commentary, based just outside Dublin, Ireland. All/any help appreciated. Feel free to drop me a PM etc.

Thanks

Back