FULL IMAGE BACKUP SkyQ Skin

Hey people,

So this is a full image backup that can be restored/flashed to a zGemma Star 2S.

All you need to do is download the zip file, FTP it across to the /tmp folder on your box then with the box remote you need to go to the software manager or vix screen to restore it.

Once the box has flashed and rebooted it should open BBC One, you then need to FTP your line to the etc folder and/or the usr/keys folder

Reboot the box and away you go...

**Skin is designed and owned by Chabs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_I0CTQd6sxuc1hES3ZkVDFSblk/view?usp=docslist_api

just installed this image on h1 but unable to download plugins ,(down for maintenance) also when i go into skins section there is no skyq skin just the default and metric hd?

just installed this image on h1 but unable to download plugins ,(down for maintenance) also when i go into skins section there is no skyq skin just the default and metric hd?

As for the plugins being down for maintence this is out of my control. As for the Skin not showing i am not sure,, this image was designed on a 2S and i did say i didnt know if it would work on a H box. When you install the image normally the skin automatically starts after the reboot..

Maybe its not compatible with H boxes...

ok I am sending file zgemma to usb pen then flashing the box,is there another way I can send the image over,everything seems in place apart from the skin

ok I am sending file zgemma to usb pen then flashing the box,is there another way I can send the image over,everything seems in place apart from the skin

ftp the zip file to your usb and put it in a folder called imagebackups

Then go to software manager or image manager,, not sure what skin you using now...

cheers,i was installing a old open pl1 image lol,box is flashing now with correct file but its 15 minutes in still flashing its not looking good for me,ohh well looks like I am going back to vix,just wish there was a complete skyq skin like this.

Last edited:
If this is a backup it wont contain the skin, it will just have the normal openatv files with your config settings. Users will still need to down load a skin, which kind of make this redundant as it is just as easy to install the skin without the need for any flashing. Seriously, it takes 2 minutes to upload and install the skin if you follow the guidance provided by Chabs.

Download the skin in Chabs original post (LINK) upload it to /tmp then login via SSH using PUTTY (LINK) with your box ip address 192.168.x.x and username root then just paste this line and hit enter:

opkg update && opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Restart you box and select the skin, simple.

Last edited:
Why won't it contain the skin? It's called a backup software it will have whatever the creator of the backup has downloaded to it

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 PM ----------

And no need to use butty to install the skin just install via ipk installer on the box

the skyq skin is incomplete on vix people talking of edit this edit that,i wouldn't of changed image if this was available,the one I tried wasent great menu bars not highlighting up amongst other issues,this looks great seems very stable but unable to download on my h1,would be great if this image could be created for h1 im sure people would be very greatful including myself

Last edited:
This is a full image backup... Meaning it is the FULL image of everything including skin, settings, kodi,

Its not a settings backup....

I made this image backup for a reason, i use it on all my boxes. It takes me 5 minutes to flash a box with this.. No need to install anything else..

All i have to do one i flash this image to a box is add the line... And then initialise the USB...

This is a full image backup... Meaning it is the FULL image of everything including skin, settings, kodi,

I made this image backup for a reason, i use it on all my boxes. It takes me 5 minutes to flash a box with this.. No need to install anything else..

All i have to do one i flash this image to a box is add the line... And then initialise the USB...

And if you just install the skin direct without flashing it takes 2 minutes and no need to re add your line and initialise your USB, but hey, this is your thread so whatever. Also I have just tried your backup after deleting the SkyQ skin and it is on there so I stand corrected on that.

Last edited:

And if you just install the skin direct without flashing it takes 2 minutes and no need to re add your line and initialise your USB, but hey, this is your thread so whatever.

The idea of this thread was for people who DONT have experience in doing all the settings, all the messing, all the tweaking.. I simply asked Chabs could i post a full image backup as many people where asking questions on how to do this, how to do that.

So to help the people who dont know the first thing about zGemma i uploaded my full image backup for them..

Yes its easy to install a skin if you know how, but there is many in-experienced people on here that dont know how to even FTP there line..

Also this backup image is posted in zGemma Star 2S forum, Not H forum. I also stated in my first post is was Star 2S... If you have a H box then it was your choice to flash.

lets have this complete skin available on vix then lol

The Skin is designed by Chabs and is still only V1 --

It took Slyk 3 versions to get where he is, and he is still doing a V4 to perfect it...

Skins are not easy to design, and take some time. They also need testing out by other people so that faults can be detected.

But if you want why dont you try and design one yourself. ?

tried a load on this site some missing etc,I want to try the ones in this image

Picons are not image or skin related but something you can choose to add if you want to. I have done instructions for adding picons the your box, I have posted instructions on how to remove picons from your box, but you will have to search the forum for the answers.

Don't P image builders and skin creators off with questions which don't relate or have been answered a million times before.

The answer is out there!

It took Slyk 3 versions to get where he is, and he is still doing a V4 to perfect it...

Skins are not easy to design, and take some time. They also need testing out by other people so that faults can be detected.

But if you want why dont you try and design one yourself. ?

V4???? are you sure. ha. there is the odd tweak here and there but that skin is pretty much finished.

And yes some of the comments on this thread just hurt my brain. Ungrateful imbeciles.

Back