FULL IMAGE BACKUP SkyQ Skin

I for one would like to thank you for your efforts and work, because its peeps like you that make setting up a box seemless. I myself set up a box from scratch and it took me about 6 hours finding all the information and collectiong the right info for random issues I was having.

Then my 2nd box I simply used Scumsees image and I was up and running in 10 mins lol.

Thanks for this as this is the next step. Cheers and will use when home.

when I click on hardrive in filezila theres nothing there saying imagebackups just says timeshift and movie

---------- Post Merged at 08:40 PM ----------

why is this not installing via usb pen like vix image which was simple

Last edited:
Hi download your file and unzipped the file got 3 files do I go onto FileZilla and set them to tmp file.

Thanks tom

Hey people,

So this is a full image backup that can be restored/flashed to a zGemma Star 2S.

All you need to do is download the zip file, FTP it across to the /tmp folder on your box then with the box remote you need to go to the software manager or vix screen to restore it.

Once the box has flashed and rebooted it should open BBC One, you then need to FTP your line to the etc folder and/or the usr/keys folder

Reboot the box and away you go...

**Skin is designed and owned by Chabs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_I0CTQd6sxuc1hES3ZkVDFSblk/view?usp=docslist_api

Thanks for this mate....

Ive setup using OpenPLI & updated with Sky Q skin & im really happy with it..... doesnt crash or freeze at all which was happening with the VIX skin a lot.
Im trying to do a full image back up but cant seem to find one on there could anyone help me ?? or does anyone have a backup made already with OpenPLI & Chabs Sky Q SKin ??

Download the skin in Chabs original post (LINK) upload it to /tmp then login via SSH using PUTTY (LINK) with your box ip address 192.168.x.x and username root then just paste this line and hit enter:

for a newbie who has just lost all his skins from updating whoosh build, what do I need on my pc for me to get it on my zgemma?

USB Boot

Hi thanks for this its awesome!!!

However my box got corrupted when I installe the latest 'enigma2-plugin-skins-skyq_V1.702_Chababu_all'. Believe I'd done everything correct have its stuck in the startup loop with the black failure screen.

Anyway is there anyway to put this image on a usb and flash from power on...... I've tried copying the zgemma folder over but this was unsuccessfull?

Cheers
and... HNY :0)

Hi,

I've followed this step by step but since doing so I cant get my line to work again??

I've got a a newcamd.list file in the usr/keys folder and also the /etc folder.

Gone through the usual setup in SoftCam/CI, ie enable mgcamd.1.38 at startup and restart, but still no luck, any ideas??

Cheers

I've got a a newcamd.list file in the usr/keys folder and also the /etc folder

Have you added your line back on to the box? The ones in the locations above will be blank ones unless you've copied yours across.
Flashing the box will delete all previous lines.

Have you added your line back on to the box? The ones in the locations above will be blank ones unless you've copied yours across.
Flashing the box will delete all previous lines.

Hi, yeh copied the original line across using both ftp in win explorer and also winscp (ftp), couldn't get winscp (sftp to work)?

hi i did full imagine back up on my zgemma h7 using usb stick reinstalled it on another box changed the line over only issue i have is picons wont display any idea what i have done wrong running open atv 6.2 wooshbuild infinity build

hi i did full imagine back up on my zgemma h7 using usb stick reinstalled it on another box changed the line over only issue i have is picons wont display any idea what i have done wrong running open atv 6.2 wooshbuild infinity build

This thread is from 2016, try posting in the Wooshbuild forum

Back