Fury v Wilder

teddybloat

TK Veteran
Was not really looking forward to seeing these two have a third fight. could not have been more wrong.

what do we think of this heavyweight era?

given us more memorable rounds than most.

AJ - Ruiz 3rd
Wilder - Fury 12th
AJ - Klitchko 5th [oh how i miss that version of joshua...]

now the 3rd and 4th of this trilogy fight.

big guys utterly pummelling each other, been a great few years at the top.

only regret is the big three names should be close to all having trilogies against each other.

the belts being somewhat unified has been an unwelcome obstacle somewhat maybe - hope usyk is forced into giving one or two up to avoid mandatories to fight AJ again.

but some great fights out there still to be made

fury deserves a big stadium gig at home, a big payday.

Was not really looking forward to seeing these two have a third fight. could not have been more wrong.

what do we think of this heavyweight era?

given us more memorable rounds than most.

AJ - Ruiz 3rd
Wilder - Fury 12th
AJ - Klitchko 5th [oh how i miss that version of joshua...]

now the 3rd and 4th of this trilogy fight.

big guys utterly pummelling each other, been a great few years at the top.

only regret is the big three names should be close to all having trilogies against each other.

the belts being somewhat unified has been an unwelcome obstacle somewhat maybe - hope usyk is forced into giving one or two up to avoid mandatories to fight AJ again.

but some great fights out there still to be made

fury deserves a big stadium gig at home, a big payday.
Spot on bud Deffinatly miss the aj from the klitchko fight and Ruiz 2nd fight.
Not many people wanted to see the 3rd fight of wilder and fury but can honestly say that was a better fight then the other 2 fights.
Usyk won’t have mandatory’s straight away as there’s the little matter of the aj rematch and fury and usyk has 30 days to negotiate a deal for them to fight if not then it will be fury vs whyte for wbc belt as that’s been ordered.
Personally would like to see wilder vs aj as both got 2 losses on there record but depends if wilder will retire or come back.
Fury and aj have said they want to fight whether there’s belts there or not as it’s al all British heavyweight contest,which judging on fury’s performance lastnight aj would need to be on his a game now it’s down to February or March for usyk vs aj 2.
The interesting thing is now where does wilder go or fight next

Reckon Wilder will go back to knocking out the rest till a title he can win comes along maybe Usyk. But im doubtful Wilder would be technical enough to get to Usyk .

Not many people wanted to see the 3rd fight of wilder and fury but can honestly say that was a better fight then the other 2 fights.
yeah i think this fight actually elevated the other two fights. the narrative in my head was: the first was only close because fury had to lose 10st and wasnt ready, the second was how the first should have gone, and wilder is a chump lol.

but wilder was the one who changed things up and came back from a knockdown and had there been 30s left in the 4th itd have been interesting - showed what a performance fury put in in both the previous fights.

AJ wilder would be a great fight i feel, especially if the belts are out the way and it's two fighters simply trying to prove who the better man is. really feel belt politics has denied us more match ups like this - though it did give us usyk

i'm more of a casual boxing fan, and the last 4-5 years have been brilliant at heavyweight.

hope fury gets shot at AJ, it'd be the monster pay day he deserves.

Spot on bud Deffinatly miss the aj from the klitchko fight

AJ was a killer then, can't imagine him slinging guns straight out of the round like that anymore. doesnt seem to put combos together now.

the scenes in this round, deary me

Last edited:
Reckon Wilder will go back to knocking out the rest till a title he can win comes along maybe Usyk. But im doubtful Wilder would be technical enough to get to Usyk .
Wilder is finished Fez. Fury has made a fool of him over 3 fights and the bell in the third round saved wilder last night after he was knocked down.

There have been some good fights but it's not a great era of heavyweight boxers in my opinion. Joshua's career defining fights are a victory against a 41 year old, at 27 years old himself, and winning a rematch against Ruiz Jr who's victory in the first bout, which was painted as a classic victory for the underdog, was an embarrassment for the sport. We've had unremarkable World champions like Joseph Parker in this era, and Fury abusing his body to the extreme but due to the lack of competition being able to rebuild his career from nothing.

The only way this era can leave it's mark on history now is if Joshua and Fury meet. Wembley Stadium, no need for any belts as your modern PPV boxing fans wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a fight in memory of Frank Maloney's nuts.

Good thread Teddy, some interesting views.

Usyk won’t have mandatory’s straight away as there’s the little matter of the aj rematch and fury and usyk has 30 days to negotiate a deal for them to fight if not then it will be fury vs whyte for wbc belt as that’s been ordered.
Personally would like to see wilder vs aj as both got 2 losses on there record but depends if wilder will retire or come back.
Fury and aj have said they want to fight whether there’s belts there or not as it’s al all British heavyweight contest,which judging on fury’s performance lastnight aj would need to be on his a game now it’s down to February or March for usyk vs aj 2.
The interesting thing is now where does wilder go or fight next
I honestly think Wilder would beat AJ there is no way AJ will get up from one of his big punches.

As for AJ and Fury I think it won't happen Eddie Hern will make sure of that.

Fury will get up from AJs best shot but there is no way AJ will get up from Furys best. If AJ had faced either of them last night he would of been battered.

I was never a big Fury fan, but you have to agree he's the No 1.out there! One of the best fights I have seen in a long time, he has the the power and the guile, A J would never get near him or be able to bully him, Usyk would look like a midget against him.
He's got my support now.

Wilder is finished Fez. Fury has made a fool of him over 3 fights and the bell in the third round saved wilder last night after he was knocked down.
He would still knock out 99% of the division chipless Whyte included he just came across someone over 3 fights he could not.

Maybe he retires who knows, id like to see him fight Ruiz still some money out there to be earnt by him.

just about come round lol deadly fight ,best iv seen fury got to give bumsquad dues evan tho he was smashed in 3rd he could of still dropped fury but ,later on fury just to good ,whyte next 4 fury IF he get s thru wallin at end of month

I think the scenerio will be, If aj loses again he will have to fight wilder. Fury will fight usyk to unify division and if aj and fury both win it will be at Wembley in furys last fight. But I don't think aj would beat wilder so I think fury would retire after beating usyk lol. Lots of what ifs, but interesting

Meanwhile Dillian whyte sat waiting in the background for a big pay day aswell theres so many different fights available but none of the big hitters want to face each other ffs.

I think fury wants another fight pretty soon. So will probably fight whyte and if he wins will fight the winner of the next AJ fight. Then FURY wi retire

Back