Garage Friendly MOTs? Midlands Area?

itsmrjt

TK Veteran
So I've gone an bought a Seat Leon 1.8t with a stage 2 remap, flywheel, clutch, and it's quite loud pushing 260bhp! The thing is with be being loud and had quite a bit of work done I'm not sure if it will pass or fail because of all the work! Unsure if it's de-catted or had a custom job or a sports de-cat. Never owned a car with upgrades like this. So what would you recommend. Also engine management light is on due to exhaust.
b235181061d48509a5297f28382b2cde.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

There's a place I always go to for my MOT family owned garage in the Midlands.

But I assume your asking will they possibly pass something that shouldn't be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

things have to be legal and not sub standard and as you have a louder and faster car will get noticed more and i presume insurance also know of modified car.
garages that pass a car that legally fails and causes an accident and death would be dire consequences for them,we have NCT test over here and people can put cars in to see whats wrong but can also see their pass on some items as fails like pads and discs needed in days omg.they dont always get it right but can see somethings we overlook.
we have seen some testers fail on slight rusting on metal pipes and a rub with a coin removes it down to clean metal viewers discretion ?

Looks like an mot nightmare tbh.I don't think any mot station would pass that the way it is.You would need to get it back to stock
a bit before an mot.

Looks like an mot nightmare tbh.I don't think any mot station would pass that the way it is.You would need to get it back to stock
a bit before an mot.
I've had it inspected by a garage that does mots for repairs said the exhaust needs hangers and a few other little bits to pass.. Everything else is in order

But like you said it's look it a different story and I always will wonder if it will pass.. Might just take it for a pretest before actually going for a full mot

its £40 for an MOT, hardly going to break the bank
just let them give you a list of fails,
you've got 2 weeks [ I think ] for a free retest

Back