Garden Rubbish

skjom

Have a large enough garden and there is always shite building up.

Was going to get a skip to clean it and the house rubbish and then I thought would I just bite the bullet and get a trailer.

Anyone use trailers much? Don't see many small size ones on road these days unless its a jeep and farmer.

Have a large enough garden and there is always shite building up.

Was going to get a skip to clean it and the house rubbish and then I thought would I just bite the bullet and get a trailer.

Anyone use trailers much? Don't see many small size ones on road these days unless its a jeep and farmer.
Just ring a waste removal company not a skip company as may work out cheaper that way for you.
Its all we do is ring round and get,a quote as some skip companies can be funny with you

I phoned the council and asked them if I could have a skip on the front, they said, 'we're not stopping you' :LOL:
In seriousness, I had a trailer and it's surprising how much you can fit in a 3X4, the problem is where to store it when it's not in use, - thieves are always on the lookout for them.
Also if not already fitted, a towbar can set you back a bit.
If you intend moving rubbish for other people for backsack cash, expect to get funny comments from the dump personnel, I took the third bathroom suite in a week and one had to say something, 'kinell mate how big's your house, that avocado suite is the third in five days'.
I just said, 'yep, just wait til we start on the west wing'

You need to have trailer licensed and how to use it if reversing and wired up as when turning right your left indicator flashes :ROFLMAO:
Many places advertise waste removal and make sure they are licensed.
Is your waste sorted like wood metal compostable etc.

Any stuff that can be reused instead of dumping.
Even old wives can be reused:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Forgot to add skip bags can be lifted if left in a place the crane can access.

You need to have trailer licensed and how to use it if reversing and wired up as when turning right
This might be in Ireland, not sure it applies in England, anyone can buy a trailer or caravan and away they go...maybe younger drivers might be restricted

Yes and insurance might be another , i am lucky as i have my classic boot space for rubbish but need to source rear brakes as shoes sticking to drum.

Do they use skip bags in UK as all in different sizes

Yes and insurance might be another , i am lucky as i have my classic boot space for rubbish but need to source rear brakes as shoes sticking to drum.

Do they use skip bags in UK as all in different sizes
They do use skip bags but astronomically priced so not very popular.
We have grab wagons that will take up to 16T of soil/concrete that cost less than a skip but only builders really use them

Is that to buy the bags or get them emptied as if anyone was getting sand or gravel delivered would be handy.

You need to have trailer licensed and how to use it if reversing and wired up as when turning right your left .

Depends on the size of the trailer and the vehicle towing it, and when you passed your driving test too. People who passed their test before 1997 have some "Grandfather Rights" and often don't need to take a trailer test. Best check with the dvla before buying one.

Trailer/ caravan testing has just been scrapped in England,
I have a little garden steel trl and it is unbelievably handy although with this new car I haven't got round to getting a towbar fitted they run at £200 round here.

ours might be the same, mine is single axle and I've never been pulled up, but you would think that they could tell household to commercial anyway.
Mine is same , single axle.

I get the impression if I get a skip I'll getting one every year, where a trailer might pay off itself in few years in comparison

Mine is same , single axle.

I get the impression if I get a skip I'll getting one every year, where a trailer might pay off itself in few years in comparison
Not sure how much stuff you are talking about but where I live a full size skip (8 tonne capacity) is under £200.
The drawback with getting an annual skip is you are going to have shite piling up for months before you order one.
With a trailer you can make a monthly trip which keeps everything tidy...please note just getting mini skips every few months isn't cost effective, they're not much cheaper than full size ones.
Another reason to have a trailer is moving things for people (£££) also save on delivery for large objects like washing machines and garden furniture.
Get a hitch lock otherwise the pikeys will be away on their toes with it

Handy when ya have room in the back of the car to put washing machine in as long its not a Miele weighing a ton

Handy when ya have room in the back of the car to put washing machine in as long its not a Miele weighing a ton
So true , the guys that delivered my Miele said usually there only one of them. But because it's Miele it's 2 man job. 😂

I remember unpacking it , it had steel rods for back .Came with its own pallet which used for firewood. Beast of a machine , my wife has it on every day.

Back