Gas & Electric

eileen

TK Supporter
These companies are taking the P#ss, my prices for both have practically trebled since last year
on prepayment (my choice) with SSE, trying to cut down is a nightmare, everything not used is turned off, only thing left on at night is freezer and fridge freezer
changed all bulbs to LEDs, bought and use a pump flask so not boiling kettle umpteen times, got an air fryer so as not to keep using the gas cooker oven for small meals
got a dehumidifier to cut down using tumble dryer, it has laundry setting on it, I know there are lots of people out there suffering just now, my heart goes out to people living at home
having to use hospital equipment beds, oxygen, dialysis machines, it's a bloody minefield, and parents at home with young kids trying to decide whether to eat or heat,
yet these MPs are claiming expenses money for second homes and offices, they haven't a clue what Joe public is having to deal with, people trying to heat up run down homes and greedy landlords lining their pockets
it's driving people mad, and into debt, god I could go on, i just dispare with this government rant over,

These companies are taking the P#ss, my prices for both have practically trebled since last year
on prepayment (my choice) with SSE, trying to cut down is a nightmare, everything not used is turned off, only thing left on at night is freezer and fridge freezer
changed all bulbs to LEDs, bought and use a pump flask so not boiling kettle umpteen times, got an air fryer so as not to keep using the gas cooker oven for small meals
got a dehumidifier to cut down using tumble dryer, it has laundry setting on it, I know there are lots of people out there suffering just now, my heart goes out to people living at home
having to use hospital equipment beds, oxygen, dialysis machines, it's a bloody minefield, and parents at home with young kids trying to decide whether to eat or heat,
yet these MPs are claiming expenses money for second homes and offices, they haven't a clue what Joe public is having to deal with, people trying to heat up run down homes and greedy landlords lining their pockets
it's driving people mad, and into debt, god I could go on, i just dispare with this government rant over,
Too true we only topped our meter up Friday and I’ve had to put another £50 on our gas and electric already.
We do the exact same as turn everything off that dosnt need to be on use an air fryer for most things.
We’ve hardly any insulation in our loft and landlord is taking P£ss to sort it out the beams in our house are knackered been waiting 3 year for structural engineer to come out.
We got told he was coming out 7th December and as you can guess……didn’t turn up now got to wait till January ✊🏼💦.
if only we could all swap places with the government/energy companies for them to have a taste of what we are actually going through daily whilst there living it large.

Now with this new strep a virus there saying there’s a shortage on antibiotics and penicillin 😬
Luckily managed to get my daughter in drs and managed to get some antibiotics for her as there’s been 3 cases in her class including her.
Baffles me how parents can send their kids to fekking school when ill knowing full well they will/are putting other kids at risk.
I could go on but will leave it there

Hope your daughter get better soon @bazcfc1 .

Definitely noticed the gas usage go up in this cold spell, keep looking at the smart meter. When everybody home all day, we used nearly £20 in a day. I keep multiplying the daily figure by 30 for the monthly usage :cry:

I know lol, that was a bad day tbf
It doesn't need to be on so high, I was working in someone's house today, it was like a sauna and he's walking around with a tee shirt on as if he's in Benidorm.
In my house I keep the heating on low and wear plenty of layers, dress as if it's December and not August, I have 2 teeshirts, two hoodies, joggers with jeans over the top and my bills will be half that.

It's scary I'm pay monthly and ain't had the heating on much. But I know neighbours are hardly in work all day and use the heating for a couple of hours a day and there using near £100 a week. I can't afford that i really can't.

My kids me and missus are all ill we can't shift it. House never gets any warmer than 15oc I dare go higher because I surely can't afford it

All t-shirts , jumpers and nighties on. Under covers and cold.

We both work full time and overtime and can't afford it. Makes us sad Xmas as never felt so shit

Too true we only topped our meter up Friday and I’ve had to put another £50 on our gas and electric already.
We do the exact same as turn everything off that dosnt need to be on use an air fryer for most things.
We’ve hardly any insulation in our loft and landlord is taking P£ss to sort it out the beams in our house are knackered been waiting 3 year for structural engineer to come out.
We got told he was coming out 7th December and as you can guess……didn’t turn up now got to wait till January ✊🏼💦.
if only we could all swap places with the government/energy companies for them to have a taste of what we are actually going through daily whilst there living it large.

Now with this new strep a virus there saying there’s a shortage on antibiotics and penicillin 😬
Luckily managed to get my daughter in drs and managed to get some antibiotics for her as there’s been 3 cases in her class including her.
Baffles me how parents can send their kids to fekking school when ill knowing full well they will/are putting other kids at risk.
I could go on but will leave it there
Everyone is doing this were we live. Kids coughing like crazy and dragging them to school

Were all ill here. It's crap 😭

I use a wood burner unlimited access to a local woodland saves a packet.
Bit of work involved chopping it up.
I have unlimited supply to building scrap timber but a lot of crap like nails, screws and paint to contend with, currently burning mahogany from a few old front doors and a few windows.
By the time I've sawn up enough to last me the night I don't need a fire as I'm sweating conkers.

Anyone no why there would be an open void behind chimney stack in at attic, u can look right the way down. Nothing in in it, if you fell into it u would be on the ground floor behind fire. Mate has just bought a house and he noticed it.

Anyone no why there would be an open void behind chimney stack in at attic, u can look right the way down. Nothing in in it, if you fell into it u would be on the ground floor behind fire. Mate has just bought a house and he noticed it.
Not sure what you mean, behind chimney stack?
Is the stack in the middle of the house?
If it's an internal stack then what he is looking down is an unused chimney that has been bricked up downstairs and opened up in the loft, probably because they've taken part of the external chimney down and left it open in the loft to allow for ventilation

Not sure what you mean, behind chimney stack?
Is the stack in the middle of the house?
If it's an internal stack then what he is looking down is an unused chimney that has been bricked up downstairs and opened up in the loft, probably because they've taken part of the external chimney down and left it open in the loft to allow for ventilation
Chimney is in middle of house were it joins next house. Chimney is in working order. Its as if someone as cut a perfect square on attic floor that drops from attic right down to living room. If u were to climb down you would be standing behind fire if that makes sense.

Yes that hole would have continued up through the roof, it's a disused chimney.
Bit weird leaving it open like that, might want to put a grate over it.
If you look at the brickwork of the working chimney, you'll be able to see cut bricks etc from where this was taken down and maybe patched up tiles/slates on the roof outside

Yes as above. Sounds like previous owner has done prep work for, ongoing DIY job
Often times, lead flashings and pots cause problems with leaks and raining in, if the chimney isn't being used, they take it down below roof level and slate over it, thus eliminating these problems in the future.
It seems he's taken it down to floor level in the loft, maybe he intended taking it out of the bedroom below and living room in the future but never got around to it.

We are all being ripped off. Wholesale prices for both gas and electricity have not gone up anywhere near what the energy companies are charging us. It is about time the useless ar*eholes in Westminster done something about it.

Back