GB News to start broadcasting

Wasn't the independent news paper launched to be in the centre not swaying one way or the other politically, but lets me honest it does sway to the left more and more, what's to say this news channel won't do the same after time?

Never watch the news or read papers (apart from a bit over the last 12 months about the covid crap)
Not interested in things I can do nothing about. Look after yourself and your nearest and dearest that's all you can do

Wasn't the independent news paper launched to be in the centre not swaying one way or the other politically, but lets me honest it does sway to the left more and more, what's to say this news channel won't do the same after time?
I have a good friend (a lefty) who works for the Independent when it was around and now it's cash strapped online incarnation. It's a long running joke in the press that titles are put out to imply they are politically central. Unfortunately such a feat is impossible. Hence why I'm a fan of the BBC. They do the best job possible at it... And how can you tell? The left say its a Tory mouth piece and the right complain about it being full of left wingers that aren't patriotic etc etc... IMO if you can pi*s off both sides you're doing something right. But a genuine centralist newspaper... Doesn't exist...Shockinly (and I'm on the right) the closest newspaper to centralist in the UK is the Guardian... And that's only because they are happy to allow right wing opinion pieces and EVEN criticise their own side in opinion pieces (I remember the uproar when they did a piece on "the cult of Remainers") I have a lot of respect for any publication, even if it flies in the face of my political standpoint if they are able to critique the movements they get behind.

It'll be more LBC and less Fox News IMO.

What I don't get is that many on the left are getting so upset that it will likely have some views they disagree with...so what... T
If it is more like the LBC it will be the same as the BBC, apart from one or two of their presenters.

I thought that the left always got upset or wanted to stop people from saying something that they didn't agree with, you only have to listen to a few minutes of the likes of James O'Brien, Owen Jones or David Lammy to see that.

If it is more like the LBC it will be the same as the BBC, apart from one or two of their presenters.

I thought that the left always got upset or wanted to stop people from saying something that they didn't agree with, you only have to listen to a few minutes of the likes of James O'Brien, Owen Jones or David Lammy to see that.
Those lbc hosts are always upset. Poor chaps don’t know what happiness is. ☹️

Im guessing you justify what people like Hopkins and Farage spout?

I dont belong to either left or right as both are as bad as each other. Both spout nonsense.

Its hard to find a balanced, unbiased and impartial debate anywhere.

I dont belong to either left or right as both are as bad as each other. Both spout nonsense.

That Katie Hopkins has her uses. She really makes me appreciate that we have David Lammy. 😜

Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins have always told it like it is and when they were on the radio if someone rang in to disagree with them they always got their chance to say what they thought and were not talked over or cut off, unlike O'Brien who often wouldn't even let someone who disagreed with him get three words out without talking over them and then cutting them off.

Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins have always told it like it is and when they were on the radio if someone rang in to disagree with them they always got their chance to say what they thought and were not talked over or cut off, unlike O'Brien who often wouldn't even let someone who disagreed with him get three words out without talking over them and then cutting them off.

Ok if you say so.

Both are vile racists. The latter in particular. If thats saying it as it is then more power to their supporters.

Ok if you say so.

Both are vile racists. The latter in particular. If thats saying it as it is then more power to their supporters.
I will let my Brazilian friend, who is of Indian descent and who often gets mistaken for a Pakistani but he can't understand them when they talk to him in Urdu or Punjabi, know that he is vile racist then as he is always telling me that they are right about how the UK has changed for the worse since he came here in 1966.

I will let my Brazilian friend, who is of Indian descent and who often gets mistaken for a Pakistani but he can't understand them when they talk to him in Urdu or Punjabi, know that he is vile racist then as he is always telling me that they are right about how the UK has changed for the worse since he came here in 1966.
So why bring it up on here ..!
Lots more dialects, than what you state.

I think Ronaldo de Singh Patel-Khan is spot on!

We won the World Cup in 66 and have been pants since then!

Can't say I'm all that impressed by GB News!
Far too much like the other mainstream news channels, Sky News, ITV, BBC etc in its format.
I'll still tune in to hear Andrew Neil who has the ability to present without the need to hold anybody else's hand, but as for the rest of them, they're terrible!
I've never liked this presentation format where you have one male and one female presenter, where the female typically shouts and bawls with her sqeeky screetching voice (sore on the ears)
accompanied witch cackling laughter lol Unfortunately GB News seems to be big on this..

I had such high hopes for news channel that would just present the news, like what they did in the old days instead of presenters giving their own personal views and life stories
like Michelle Dewberry, telling us she came from a one-parent family .. so what?
I'll just stick with YouTube Channels like the Spectator (love listening to Cindy Yu, Kate Andrews & Fraser Nelso), and other independent political commentators
like Alex Belfield, Michael Heaver, Mahyar Tousi, Dinesh D'Souza & Jeff Taylor..so glad I've got alternatives

Unfortunately regardless of any good intent to report all views in an unbiased way the channel is funded by advertising so it will very quickly be dictated to by the multi-national business fraternity.
On day one they said we are different we will air real feelings from small business, not just the self interest of the CBI and Inst of Directors. Whoops thats another ad slot empty.

Back