GearBest Flash Sale

I'm not sold on the s912 boxes just yet, reading through the reviews and threads on Freaktab the majority of them still have a few niggles with the firmware. I'm hoping by Xmas they'll be sorted out via original or custom firmware.
Now this has caught my eye

http://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_390233.html

It's a 905x CPU but has had good reviews and feedback on Freaktab.
What do you think AlienHeads?

Last edited:
Usually these cheap & cheerful boxes have problems with wifi being slow, I always have mine connected via ethernet, but crappy wifi can be an issue if you want to use the box in another room away from the router.

I'm not sold on the s912 boxes just yet, reading through the reviews and threads on Freaktab the majority of them still have a few niggles with the firmware. I'm hoping by Xmas they'll be sorted out via original or custom firmware.
Now this has caught my eye

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core Processor-38.76 and Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

ive got a 912 processor android and I am not having any issues with it, tho I am only using it for kodi.

http://m.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_390233.html

I had the mini m8s s905 the first of the two boxes which is similar to the beelink that i have now, specs are identical other than the beelink has 16gb rom & the mini m8s has 8gb which was the only reason i replaced it.

The mini m8s 2 has a 16gb version & has a newer processor as you pointed out, other than these two things there's not much difference between the mini m8s & the mini m8s 2 if i had to choose i'd probably go for the one with more storage, as it also has the newer processor.

Thanks for the reply AlienHeads. It's always good to have people's opinions on thing's before you buy them.

Is gearbest a reliable place to purchase from? I ask because I made my first purchase from them a few days ago for an android box and they yesterday sent me a tracking no to use on Hermes only when I've today went to track it the no doesn't work I've contacted hernes customer service who have told me it's not a valid tracking no it only has 13 digits when hernes nos are 16

I've wen On the live chat on gearbest and whoever I spoke to was no use at all just kept saying that's the no "the forwarder" has provided

I have no idea what they were going on about but It's certainly not looking very good

What brand of box are you using MisterB?

its an h96 pro - 3gb/16gb - I am new to the world of android boxes so I don't really know too much about the specs etc, I was just advisd to try to get the latest processor and min of 2gb/8gb - so I did. it was a bit hit and miss why I went for that particular model, and there may be reasons why I shouldn't have, but its working fine for me - rarely crashes.

I don't know how fast the box is compared to others and my internet is crap, I am at the bottom of a country lane, so no chance of fibre etc - so I don't know if the box is slow or fast when compared to others, or whether any crashes are due to internet speeds or the box

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 AM ----------

Is gearbest a reliable place to purchase from? I ask because I made my first purchase from them a few days ago for an android box and they yesterday sent me a tracking no to use on Hermes only when I've today went to track it the no doesn't work I've contacted hernes customer service who have told me it's not a valid tracking no it only has 13 digits when hernes nos are 16

I've wen On the live chat on gearbest and whoever I spoke to was no use at all just kept saying that's the no "the forwarder" has provided

I have no idea what they were going on about but It's certainly not looking very good

perhaps the 'forwarder' is their supplier? do gearbest have their own stocks or are they just a reseller of other 'companies' stocks? In which case you might have got a better deal direct from their supplier !

I've got no idea I assumed I was buying direct from the company I've paid By PayPal so I'll give it another day or 2 then il contact PayPal

I've ordered many times from them & never had any issues, longest anything has taken is 3 weeks, usually things arrive within 2 weeks. You might find the tracking number doesn't become active until the package reaches the uk, which is usually the case when i have ordered from them.

The courier is usually Yodel when i've ordered & again the tracking info doesn't usually show until a few days before delivery to your address, all the tracking info can be found in your gearbest account under My Orders.

3 weeks?? when I ordered mine direct from the manufacturer it took 4 days from china using Alibaba, delivered to my door, cant see why it should take 3 weeks. but, as you said, you've never had any issues, so the OP shouldn't be too worried

Back