General tuner wiring question.

max232

Just a question about the best way to wire up 3 cable tuners.

Is the best way to run the initial cable feed to the in of tuner one then use the pass through of tuner one to feed into tuner two then the same procedure in to tuner three.

Or split the initial feed in to three and run each of the split feeds into the input of each of the three tuners and dont use the outputs/passthrou of the tuners at all.

Cheers

Cheers for the heads up buddy.

I already have the tuners, I have a forth actually but we watch iptv primarily and the missus likes to record a fair bit of stuff that is basically just freeview channels so I thought I would run an aerial feed into them to give a good variation of recording.

Just wasn't sure if it was better signal wise to feed straight into all the tuners primary input or use the pass thru to feed each consecutive tuner.

if you here to do it, don't use the outputs
that means your using the same signal as if you were to use a splitter before its then 3 different signals

For sat each tuner needs its own feed.
For aerial on roof think i used 1 feed on a splitter for 3 feeds.
Cable when i used it had a loop through cable included in the box for second tuner only.

Cheers everyone for that. I was using the loop through for cable. Was just curious about aerial, haven't used one since ITV Dogital went down years ago.

Cheers, will do. The loops are already in place so no harm with running with that.

Next step, get aerial up.

Back