Genuine Virgin Remote Question.

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
Morning I have just done a self-install of the 360 box with the new rermote. Does anyone know which button on the remote gets you into the selection section such as news, docs, movies etc without having to scroll every time to the top of the epg?

Attachments

• virgin-1.jpg
    virgin-1.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 13
I have an older version and if i press blue button i have options as to channels to show.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
On testing last night the blue button or any othered coloured button does not do anything but this morning i found that pressing, home, guide, home gets you into that list. All sorted know.

On your remote do you have a home button on your remote bud as I’ve the streaming box and all I do in epg guide is press home button takes me to the two headings today and all channels

On testing last night the blue button or any othered coloured button does not do anything but this morning i found that pressing, home, guide, home gets you into that list. All sorted know.
I didn't think this was possible. Virgin do an awful job with their user interface on their boxes AND their website. I've kept them on as my ISP, as they have been bulletproof from a connection point of view.

I had the same issue and the only way I could find to get to that menu was to scroll up to the beginning of the EPG, only then would it allow you to get to the drop down menu you highlighted. That really sucks if you are on a high channel number. Glad you found a "fix" but it does seem like a lot of button pushing to get to a menu that should be simple and straightforward to get into. Their logic and design is not intuitive from my experience.

I didn't think this was possible. Virgin do an awful job with their user interface on their boxes AND their website. I've kept them on as my ISP, as they have been bulletproof from a connection point of view.

I had the same issue and the only way I could find to get to that menu was to scroll up to the beginning of the EPG, only then would it allow you to get to the drop down menu you highlighted. That really sucks if you are on a high channel number. Glad you found a "fix" but it does seem like a lot of button pushing to get to a menu that should be simple and straightforward to get into. Their logic and design is not intuitive from my experience.
The new remote is much better than the last one i had and the interface it nice but as we say getting to choose the category that you want to watch could be a pain in the arse if you had to scroll all the way to the top. It worked for me this morning anyway. I might drop a thread on the community website and see if there is an even easier way.

You must have the new style remote like us but glad it worked tbh I only figured it out this morning 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏽‍♂️👀👀
I got this one and to be fair I also got a hub 5.

Attachments

• IMG_20231101_064446.jpg
    IMG_20231101_064446.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 5
Back