Get an error when trying to Flash Openatv 7.2 to partition 4 on Zgemma 7s and same with Vix 6.3

bmitie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
With nothing to do I decided to add openatv 7.2 to partition 4 on Zgemma H7S and got an error, I looked in log and found this, user.info ofgwrite: Error remounting root! Abort flashing..

Here is a pic of onscreen error. Pic was found on here.

Is there a solution to overcome this? I have openatv6.4 on slot 1 and a backup of 6.4 from another H7S in slot. 2and 6.3 on third slot. Slot 4 was for me to test 7.2

Not seen this before.

Attachments

• 20211224_111256.jpg
    20211224_111256.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
With nothing to do I decided to add openatv 7.2 to partition 4 on Zgemma H7S and got an error, I looked in log and found this, user.info ofgwrite: Error remounting root! Abort flashing..

Here is a pic of onscreen error. Pic was found on here.

Is there a solution to overcome this? I have openatv6.4 on 2 other slots and 6.3 on third slot. I then use a backup from another h7s in slot 2.

Not seen this before.
Are you online flashing it from 6.4 to 7.2

yes and I then tried to flash into another partition and got a continous loop ie crashing and eventually i get in but no channels showing

Thanks this is weird as I have not come across it before. I wonder did 7.2 cause it to happen!! The situation now is it wont multiboot back into a slot selected. Box will show software error ie encountered a software error a few times and eventually reboot but no channels will open. I then download a channel, say sky news, that opens and hey presto all the bouquets are back and I have openatv 6.4 in slot 1 working. If I go to another slot same happens.

Can a new image ie 7.2 cause such a problem? I thought when slot 4 failed the other slots would be OK. Does this mean there are bits of softwrae that are common to all 4 slots? Can I ftp into box and amend/delete any rouge files?

And when you say usb flash do you mean using the emmc recovery? does that wipe all partitions and make box as new? Its working fine on slot 1 but i like switching slots?

is it recoverable? Never seen this before.

Thanks this is weird as I have not come across it before. I wonder did 7.2 cause it to happen!! The situation now is it wont multiboot back into a slot selected. Box will show software error ie encountered a software error a few times and eventually reboot but no channels will open. I then download a channel, say sky news, that opens and hey presto all the bouquets are back and I have openatv 6.4 in slot 1 working. If I go to another slot same happens.

Can a new image ie 7.2 cause such a problem? I thought when slot 4 failed the other slots would be OK. Does this mean there are bits of softwrae that are common to all 4 slots? Can I ftp into box and amend/delete any rouge files?

And when you say usb flash do you mean using the emmc recovery? does that wipe all partitions and make box as new? Its working fine on slot 1 but i like switching slots?

is it recoverable? Never seen this before.
When online flashing from 6.4 to 7.xx you should not use settings from 6.4 but flash clean into whatever partition. Why not just make backups of each partition and do usb flash from scratch. then you can try restoring backups .

Ok I think I went for clean install but not sure. I have backups now so may try that recovery usb etc. Its just weird how box behaved when flash failed.

I should say no b ig deal I have more than one box:laughing:

You lost me in post one.
You have four slots.
"I have openatv6.4 on 2 other slots and 6.3 on third slot. I then use a backup from another h7s in slot 2"

That's all four slots taken up, where is 7.2 supposed to live?

Oopps. I read it back just now and amended it. I was trying to give a bit of info that might explain the error and mucked up. This is the correct bit I hope:laughing:

"I have openatv6.4 on slot 1 and a backup of 6.4 from another H7S in slot. 2 and 6.3 on third slot. Slot 4 was for me to test 7.2 and it was when flashing to slot 4 the error occurred. I did not pay much attention as I thought Oh well just back to current image. That's when the fun began. Slot 4 is empty as I tried to flash openvix 6.3 using the online method and same error.

i'm going to try that emmc recovery thing later.

Well spotted by the way.

Can you not just flash 1 image. Sorry but can't see why you need multiboot. I used it years ago for testing different firmwares but they are so reliable now I just use Open ATV (thats just my preference). I also never flash online as just seems to give me issues.

Can you not just flash 1 image. Sorry but can't see why you need multiboot. I used it years ago for testing different firmwares but they are so reliable now I just use Open ATV (thats just my preference). I also never flash online as just seems to give me issues.
others do you multiboot for trying out other images even same images with different settings though they may prefer one I also prefer openatv also flashing online no problems just updating image but from same build not 6.4 to 7.xx.

Just an update I used the recovery zip uisng openvix6.3 emmc and it worked a treat, flashed to slot 1 and IT deleted the other slots. As advised I then flashed openatv 7.2 to slot 2 as a clean install and all good but I think a few of Kiddacs mod don't work with 7.2. I then flAshed a back up of openatv 6.4, which I like and all good. I am deliberating on openpli for slot 4!!

Thanks all.

Just an update I used the recovery zip uisng openvix6.3 emmc and it worked a treat, flashed to slot 1 and IT deleted the other slots. As advised I then flashed openatv 7.2 to slot 2 as a clean install and all good but I think a few of Kiddacs mod don't work with 7.2. I then flAshed a back up of openatv 6.4, which I like and all good. I am deliberating on openpli for slot 4!!

Thanks all.
Ha ha got the bug now

well no MOTD etc so time on my hands. C'mon Gary just say sorry delete that tweet and move on.... We got the message

Thanks all.
Kiddacs mods work ok on openatv 7.2 you just need to know how to properly install them and some things like epgselection.py there have been 3 versions due to various python changes.

I'll go an ask, so long since I installed them i'm a bit forget ful. I used the manage extensions method in the past.

Back