Gigablue Octagon or something else ?

goatie

hi folks need a box for my sateilite and IPTV
got a VU+ uno 4k se but after only 14 months and about 60 times of use (only on to watch my team's matches either on sat or iptv) its got a hardware fault, it ramdomly throws up restart/shutdown menu then stops taking the remote control commards, tried new remote, lots & lots of images but still the same ok for 20-60 mins then the fault returns
so looking for a new box
want a twin sat tuner (have 2 dishes, 28E & motorised dont like lag when switching from 13 to 28 at the half times)
most run IPTV (will 1 gig ram on Octagan run it ok? as old zemma with 1 gig gives lots of burring)

as i say i only use it twice a week to watch the matches so don't want to spend £250 +
always had VU+ boxes as main box but vu+ uno 4k se lasting 14 mths has put me off them now

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
hi folks need a box for my sateilite and IPTV
got a VU+ uno 4k se but after only 14 months and about 60 times of use (only on to watch my team's matches either on sat or iptv) its got a hardware fault, it ramdomly throws up restart/shutdown menu then stops taking the remote control commards, tried new remote, lots & lots of images but still the same ok for 20-60 mins then the fault returns
so looking for a new box
want a twin sat tuner (have 2 dishes, 28E & motorised dont like lag when switching from 13 to 28 at the half times)
most run IPTV (will 1 gig ram on Octagan run it ok? as old zemma with 1 gig gives lots of burring)

as i say i only use it twice a week to watch the matches so don't want to spend £250 +
always had VU+ boxes as main box but vu+ uno 4k se lasting 14 mths has put me off them now
Have you not tried a reflash of box

Willo3092

VIP Member
If you bought it from WoS it will have a 2 year warranty.

cactikid

VIP Member
I suspect user error and is epg going to internal flash or hdd or usb.

I agree reflash it and save any important line info to send back to box if needed.

Sometimes images get corrupted and need a newer image.

goatie

flashed it about 7/8 times over last few days sometimes times the remote works for mins in the setup system, sometimes i can set it up and ok for 20+ mins then no responces to the remote
got USB for EPG
got a new remote still the same
flashed with different images from different folks
having read on a few posts of same issues with others but no fixes

yes got from WoS around april last year will check out if i get 2 yrs warrentty

moshibeth

TK Veteran
flashed it about 7/8 times over last few days sometimes times the remote works for mins in the setup system, sometimes i can set it up and ok for 20+ mins then no responces to the remote
got USB for EPG
got a new remote still the same
flashed with different images from different folks
having read on a few posts of same issues with others but no fixes

yes got from WoS around april last year will check out if i get 2 yrs warrentty
Send it back for repair

cactikid

VIP Member
Yes they say to reflash it and no settings restore but if the pick up sensor is faulty , try using webif on pc to control box as it narrows it down for fault finding.
Remove any lines or others before posting back.

goatie

thanks, i'll reflash with VU+ own image
i had the other plug in sensor plugged in didn't work with that (but not sure if i had it right)
not tried webif as not that sure how to do that, that would only be looking at the remote control side but that show why the restart/shutdown menu pops up for no reason

urie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
thanks, i'll reflash with VU+ own image
i had the other plug in sensor plugged in didn't work with that (but not sure if i had it right)
not tried webif as not that sure how to do that, that would only be looking at the remote control side but that show why the restart/shutdown menu pops up for no reason
for access to openwebif just go to main menu >information > network to see your ip address then type that address into internet browser