Gigablue Quad freezing .

cactikid

VIP Member
Every now and again this box freezes for some unknown issue and firmware was changed and setup from scratch.
I use a Vu Zero to use a tuner elsewhere and view sat channels.

Box froze again and had to power off at rear as it happened last night around 20.00 as that time was showing

Only got 1 crash log from an older date stored

Using an externally powered hdd.

So any ideas come to mind.

cactikid

VIP Member
I hardly use it but stream from it and twice needed powering off/on within a fortnight and my epg is now and next again bummer.

woody6222

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
ls it the early one? l have the later quad 4k and it is on 24/7 and never misses a beat, with 5 other boxes connected to it via unicable.

woody6222

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Is it short of flash memory? l have a mutant 2400 that was messing about, cured it by adding 16Gb cruzer fit to flash memory.

cactikid

VIP Member
I was told to setup a swapfile which i did on externall hdd and made no difference or is a usb stick better ?

Was also told to add a daily timer for memory leak . Power Timer for 1 min daily is that enough as never used these before.

Cron Manager says active and running and assume that is the power timer in question.

urie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I was told to setup a swapfile which i did on externall hdd and made no difference or is a usb stick better ?

Was also told to add a daily timer for memory leak . Power Timer for 1 min daily is that enough as never used these before.

Cron Manager says active and running and assume that is the power timer in question.
gigablue freezing on other thread now VU same senario on both usb for swap file not hard drive :smiley:

cactikid

VIP Member
Kinda fecked knowing Vix not supporting old boxes now and box has been frozen last 3 days.

Not going to use ATV as it does my head in and power timer and swap file on usb not fixed it and samba is broken.

Not really looked elsewhere to see what is like Vix and can flash by usb .

Samba and ntfs to run , Vhannibal multisat or what are others using for foreign sat NO IPTV and stream to zero box.
Box has external hdd and does that weaken box or internal is better?

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Probably OpenATV is the next option to vix on here.

Maybe openpli but not everyone likes pli probably due to it being a basic image with not much installed by default (I haven't tried pli myself) although that could be a good thing for an old box.

If it's a spare box for a remote server image shouldn't matter tbh. Most images are similar just different menu's and layouts but everything you want/need should be able to install

Last edited:

cactikid

VIP Member
No not afford any more boxes as you dont find many quad tuner boxes around anymore and not got to use it much since room is full of junk that i need to sell to get to tv and box.
Have ATV on solo2 and lost on it . Now the box wont power on

Must have a look at the triple tuner box beside it as forgot what that is.

Abu Baniaz

TK Veteran
All the images share code and adopt changes from each other. They will all work the same for what you want. Do things the long way, I.e use the full menu system and you will be OK. The shortcut keys are different and you can tweak most things across the image to be how you want. There are only a few differences.

If you post questions in a coherent and compressible manner, plenty of people to help you and you won't be lost.

Vhannibal's autosettings gets the updates from his server, not the image's server.

cactikid

VIP Member
All might not be lost as was going to flash my solo2 and checked my USB stick and WTF Gigablue image on it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

Silly question how can one download or copy it to pc assuming it will need a rar folder as never saved it to pc FROM usb stick.

I never do shortcut keys and bog standard does me Thanks

Willo3092

VIP Member
I think you may be able to just copy the gigablue folder to your imagebackups folder on the box and just flash using the Image Manager.
(You might have to drill down to the quad folder before it detects the image)

Failing that, right click on the gigablue folder and 'add to zip'.
You can then rename the zip file to openvix-5.4-gbquad-20220922_usb.zip and that should work.

cactikid

VIP Member
Thoughts of externally powered hdd putting stress on the box or add an internal hdd or ssd to relieve stress.