Gigablue quad freezing

cactikid

VIP Member
Every now and again box freezes for no apparent and no logs to check.

Openvix 5.2.045 was the last supported image and has been reflashed a few times to see if it fixes the issue.

Dont use box much but use a tuner on this box for vu zero to access tuners and recordings to view.

Quad and Zero both have externally powered hdd.

I can be on my zero when i lose my channels and nothing works and when i check on the quad time clock has frozen and powering off at rear is the only way to check it out and on again and everything starts working again so no idea what happens and why.

Any ideas?

So you say PSU is external try another .

Have you reflashed it if not try that.

So you say PSU is external try another .

Have you reflashed it if not try that.

No i said hdd were externally powered.

Flashed 3 times and setup from scratch.
Unsure about power source as would need to recheck that and thinking it is also external

Not got that specific box, but have you got a swapfile set up on your hard drive? Sounds like the sort of thing that would happen if you had an out of memory error. My Vu+ was prone to it when recording stuff because it was running out of memory, swapfile fixed it.

No i said hdd were externally powered.

Flashed 3 times and setup from scratch.
Unsure about power source as would need to recheck that and thinking it is also external
Its external mate, swap it out remove all external HDD's and see how it runs if ok pop the HDD's back on.

Every now and again box freezes for no apparent and no logs to check.

Openvix 5.2.045 was the last supported image and has been reflashed a few times to see if it fixes the issue.

Dont use box much but use a tuner on this box for vu zero to access tuners and recordings to view.

Quad and Zero both have externally powered hdd.

I can be on my zero when i lose my channels and nothing works and when i check on the quad time clock has frozen and powering off at rear is the only way to check it out and on again and everything starts working again so no idea what happens and why.

Any ideas?
When you say freeze do you mean total freeze or busy pointer spinning circle I was having spinning circle every hour turned out it was Movie organiser just doing its job I changed time to 6 hour interval.

When you say freeze do you mean total freeze or busy pointer spinning circle I was having spinning circle every hour turned out it was Movie organiser just doing its job I changed time to 6 hour interval.
Oh no, no, no, when this thing goes off:

"when it freezes as time stands still?"

Time itself comes to a stop, Earth stops spinning, people stop ageing, cows stop mooing, the sea is as flat as a witches tit, the full monty.

I get the spinning vix on the zero as no channels working , then and on Gigablue box has frozen and no control with remote or webif and onlu option is total power off at rear. Then power on GB and then back to normal for another short while.

No movie organiser on box

"

" Time itself comes to a stop, Earth stops spinning, people stop ageing, cows stop mooing, the sea is as flat as a witches tit, the full monty. "

Possibly as zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz happens

Try flashing ATV 6.4 on it.

Not sure if relevant, but there was a memory leak when streaming out recordings across most images. Not sure if fix was in your image.

You could also create a crond script to reboot the box every day at a set time.

Memory leak seems possible as my epg keeps vanishing and has to build up again and wondering should i use an usb stick over the hdd to store it.
Would Plugins backup from vix still work on Atv 6.4?

If you meant Swapfile no as thought not needed like on the old Vu Solo which was slow.

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 11
Add one - that's not a lot of free RAM if your box is doing a lot. My Vu+ Zero 4K crashes when recording if there's no swap configured.

(actually I think the figures you posted above might be 4K blocks, so you do still have a decent amount of free RAM...) Still worth a try though!

Vu Zero 4k should not crash when configured correctly and wondering if its a skin issue.

Gigablue is not 4k

No logs created as i did check again as they were set up on box last time

Attachments

• logs.jpg
    logs.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 3
Vu Zero 4k should not crash when configured correctly and wondering if its a skin issue.

Gigablue is not 4k
When you say you've flashed it three times, have you flashed the same image each time?
I'd be tempted to follow @Abu Baniaz advice and put atv6.4 on there to see if it's the same, it's probably the image or the skin.
I know you don't like atv but it's only being used as a recording box

Back