Gigablue UHD UE 4K best bang for buck with FBC/T2?

Abu Baniaz

TK Veteran
It is called a quad because you can connect 4 signal wires to it. If you look at what it is an upgraded model of, it makes sense. The UE can also have four signal wires.

The Gigablue is a very capable box. I was rather annoyed by their refusal to fix the USB tuner issue when they changed the driver sdk, saying to effect that they don't sell USB tuners. If you don't need the USB tuners, or blindscan on PNP tuner, they are wonderful boxes. Pity I blew HDMI chip on mine when changing cables.

urie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
It is called a quad because you can connect 4 signal wires to it. If you look at what it is an upgraded model of, it makes sense. The UE can also have four signal wires.

The Gigablue is a very capable box. I was rather annoyed by their refusal to fix the USB tuner issue when they changed the driver sdk, saying to effect that they don't sell USB tuners. If you don't need the USB tuners, or blindscan on PNP tuner, they are wonderful boxes. Pity I blew HDMI chip on mine when changing cables.
Thanks for the explanation about it being called Quad , with reguards to blindscan I thought that was the same for all FBC tuners or is it just the gigablues . yes you could add DVB-S2X tuner to spare slot but no good for me I still prefer DVB-C/ T2 for backup, just in case bad weather or sat dish screwes up :ROFLMAO:

Abu Baniaz

TK Veteran
For blindscan, I was referring to the PnP sat tuner. Sorry for not being clearer.

A Terrestrial tuner is good to have. For most people in UK, you can record many HD channels with one tuner.