giving up the smokes

Champix can be very bad for some peeps allways get advice from your own gp before using Champix

I managed to give them up before for about 12 months going cold turkey and stupidly i went back on them but i smoke twice as much now :mad:

I managed to give them up before for about 12 months going cold turkey and stupidly i went back on them but i smoke twice as much now :mad:

it dosent make you a bad person moh m8. theres times when i think to my self what would i give for a smoke right now. tell you this m8 i could never have given up going cold turkey. big up to you moh..maca

My other half gave them up 2 years ago using champix.
Apart from a few weird dreams lol there were no side effects. She was checked out by her GP before she gave her the prescription for the champix.

My other half gave them up 2 years ago using champix.
Apart from a few weird dreams lol there were no side effects. She was checked out by her GP before she gave her the prescription for the champix.
my other half has never smoked and she's always been wierd
:hop mad:

i gave up almost 2 years ago(3rd November, but who's counting), I used Champix tablets with no side effects. had a check up with the quack before giving up.
I put the €7 cigarettes cost at the time into a box every evening and have brought myself and the wife to Boston for 7 nights, I bought myself a good camera( which got stolen on hols:mad:), bought a stereo for the kitchen, a shed for the garden and still have about €500 to spend on whatever.
as for the health beneffits, I dont feel any different, but obviously am.
I previously was off them for a year and 9 months using the allen carr book. good luck to anyone who is trying to give them up

@homie, dont give up giving up, keep trying and you will succeed

Dont try to stop for anyone elses reasons, you have to give up for you!!

ok as had said earlier in this thread i would be here. Today is the day im giving up smoking im using champix my stop day is the 17th of oct.

has anyone tried a prescription called "zyban" i tried it a few years ago, and found it excellent, took a tablet daily and after three days a cigarette tasted terrible, the course lasts 3 months i think, but unforunately due to a messy divorce and a change of countries i am back smoking, have been meaning to try again,just haven`t been too inclined to try too hard.
check with your G.P. if you can avail of this drug,it totally worked for me at the time, and i was working in the bar trade as i was going through it,if it can help in an invironment like that, it has to be wort a look.
keep meaning to try again!

have not heard of them knot will check them out but will stick with the champix for now they worked the last time i gave up and i was off the fags for nine months.they sound the same though maybe they changed the name

No, zyban has been around for a few years now h20.

Code:
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkOrchid][B][URL="http://www.quit-smoking.com/zyban/index.htm"]Zyban Quit Smoking Drug[/URL][/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

don`t think t is an AD eva, more lke it gves a harmless additive to your taste and smell, and after the third day of taking them a cigarette tastes like an ashtray!i couldn`t wait to get the little beggar out of my mouth, didn`t feel any other difference than that eva

Gave up 8 months and 4 days ago

Smoked for 30 years and about 20+ a day

I had cut down as i was unemployed to about10 a day
went to docs got champix took it for 10 days out of the prescribed 30+ and never had one since.

cant say i really think about them at all

yes champix can give you weird dreams and stomach ache like i got but a few days of aggravation is worth it for kicking the weed

good luck h2 please dont be so cranky this time the kids will move out

Last edited:
Back