Glitch Free Line

be_ddiawl

Hi All,

I bet you have heard this a million times.

I recently purchased a month of an advertised glitch free line from a seller on here, the 24 hour test line was absolutely fantastic, only froze once, but when I deleted the old Ccam line, there was no freeze at all. Since paying, it has froze alot, this morning it was freezing to the extent that I had to turn the box off every time it froze.

My box has the latest firmware and latest list and my internet brings in roughly 15-17mbps of internet.

Are there any options I can try to stop this from freezing? I am thinking that it might be a problem from my end as the seller has not had any reported faults at all. I only have three devices connected to the internet.

I am out of ideas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

Seems like might be servers end as i have a v8 and f5 both on at this second and my lad is on his ipad and have hardly no freezing also my internet is no weee near as good speeds as you just said (am with sh*tty talk talk) ha

portforward your router also file exit bittorrent if u got it clicking red x at top right does not close it

I'd try a router reboot, make sure your box is unpluged so its not trying to connect the server, once your internet has returned try your box again. I'd also do a ping test, if you've got a high ping rate then that coudl be the result of your issues, do your ping test here: Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

Last edited:
I'd try a router reboot, make sure your box is unpluged so its not trying to connect the server, once your internet has returned try your box again. I'd also do a ping test, if you've got a high ping rate then that coudl be the result of your issues, do your ping test here: Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

I have just tested my ping and it is at 21? Is that too high? How do i lower it if so! Tried a reboot quite a few times. I just watched an episode of road wars and it froze 78 times.

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

I have just tested my ping and it is at 21? Is that too high? How do i lower it if so! Tried a reboot quite a few times. I just watched an episode of road wars and it froze 78 times.

my apologies, just tried again and it was 45. how can I lower it?

21ms it's higher ping...But it's not bad,the avarage is 9-13ms so for it to jump to 45ms is high and this is your issue, I know the ping test finds your nearest server to test so would have expected lower ping than that, maybe 10-15ms this means your ping to your server is higher than 45ms so you'll have a poor connection. I just tested and got a ping of 5ms but I know my local exchange is a quiet one

Turn off your router and leave it for a minute, then start again and re-test your ping rate, what ISP do you use and how are you connecting to your router from your PC and how does your satbox connect to your router?

21ms it's higher ping...But it's not bad,the avarage is 9-13ms so for it to jump to 45ms is high and this is your issue, I know the ping test finds your nearest server to test so would have expected lower ping than that, maybe 10-15ms this means your ping to your server is higher than 45ms so you'll have a poor connection. I just tested and got a ping of 5ms but I know my local exchange is a quiet one

Turn off your router and leave it for a minute, then start again and re-test your ping rate, what ISP do you use and how are you connecting to your router from your PC and how does your satbox connect to your router?

I have just rebooted and tested again, comes out at 38, it does not look very stable, i am based in North Wales but it is pinging the london server?

My box is connected via Ethernet and PC is wireless.

Will getting a new router cure the stability? I am using the router supplied by my supplier (sse)

Thats your issue, SSE is not a broadband provider but a re-seller, they use a broadband provider called Daisey Communications (you can see this on a speed test website), I know this as I had SSE as a ISP for 2 months before ditching them for plusnet. Daisey oversubscribe connections and every evening my connection just plumited and my line was unwatchable and my internet was slow, a speed test showed normal speed but surfing the net was horrible. Also the router they supply is beyond rubbish but even a new router wont fix it, I use a TP-Link W9989 and it made no difference and thats a top rated router, and rock solid.

Good news is its not your line provider and its not your box and equipment, change your ISP to a decent provider, any of the major suppliers will do as they atleast have better service. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but SSE are selling crap internet for low prices.

Thats your issue, SSE is not a broadband provider but a re-seller, they use a broadband provider called Daisey Communications (you can see this on a speed test website), I know this as I had SSE as a ISP for 2 months before ditching them for plusnet. Daisey oversubscribe connections and every evening my connection just plumited and my line was unwatchable and my internet was slow, a speed test showed normal speed but surfing the net was horrible. Also the router they supply is beyond rubbish but even a new router wont fix it, I use a TP-Link W9989 and it made no difference and thats a top rated router, and rock solid.

Good news is its not your line provider and its not your box and equipment, change your ISP to a decent provider, any of the major suppliers will do as they atleast have better service. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but SSE are selling crap internet for low prices.

Thank you so much for the explination!

Unfortunately I am stuck with SSE for another 18 months as I have a 2 year contract!

I suppose I'll have to stick with the freezing until I get another contract with someone else, what isp would you recommend?

I was under a 2yr contract but I was subscribed to the upto 76mb/s service but was never getting more than 37mb/s so argued they were not providing the service I was paying for and they agreed to rrelease me form my contract as I refused to be downgraded to a lower speed service. I would ring them and complain, keep complaining everyday untill they agree to release you. Keep arguing they are not providing the service you are paying for and at some point they will release you and you can move provider. If you notice yor line will be more stable on a morning and get worse during the day and really bad in the evening, same with surfing and downloading.

I moved to Plusnet but any of the big providers with do. As for what alcable said about port forwarding, I tryed everything and nothing worked, you can't fix bad service its your ISP not your equipment so comeplain, complain, complain its your only way. Better to spend a few weeks giving SSE hell than spend 18months with bad serive.

Yea the ping times affect it more than the speed. I've seen mobile broadband run boxes fine with a low speed but a good low ping. Have you tried testing another server just to see? I can give you an email for a server to test his. Also you could compare the contents of the test line and the purchased one. For example if the host address or port are different on both it could be the server. Ive seen lots of servers give tests from one of their servers which are perfect to get the customer to buy then put them on an overloaded one. I dont wanna be blaming any1 but that could be it. When you got the test which was great then got the line which wasnt, did you notice any speed differences or slow connection times on the internet from your devices? If everything was still the same i would point to the server. Again im just suggesting, but a the best advice i can give would to try a different server to test while turning off the line you have, and then you'd have a better idea. It wont cost you anything and would eliminate this as a problem either way and move to the next solution

Yea the ping times affect it more than the speed. I've seen mobile broadband run boxes fine with a low speed but a good low ping. Have you tried testing another server just to see? I can give you an email for a server to test his. Also you could compare the contents of the test line and the purchased one. For example if the host address or port are different on both it could be the server. Ive seen lots of servers give tests from one of their servers which are perfect to get the customer to buy then put them on an overloaded one. I dont wanna be blaming any1 but that could be it. When you got the test which was great then got the line which wasnt, did you notice any speed differences or slow connection times on the internet from your devices? If everything was still the same i would point to the server. Again im just suggesting, but a the best advice i can give would to try a different server to test while turning off the line you have, and then you'd have a better idea. It wont cost you anything and would eliminate this as a problem either way and move to the next solution

I suppose there is no harm in trying this! Could you please kindly send me the email? The line supplied at first never changed, he just did told me that it would expire at a certain date after paying.

And forcefire, i have subscribed to a 17mb service and I get that so I cant really complain? Is there a valid point if i can complain that the ping is too low?

You could try but high ping rates isn't really a valid reason to leave.

UPDATE: I emailed my supplier to be told that there was no problem with his server, I tried a different line (24hr Trial) and it did not freeze once in an hour, I emailed the supplier again and informed him what I had done and requested a new line, he sent me a new N Line, I then installed it ans this new line has only frozen 3-4 times and that was during the arsenal game last night.

Thanks all for your help regarding this issue!

Back