Glitching has come back

djxxx

A couple of days I go I finally set up Zgemma h2h with VM cable line without glitching using sucmnsee latest image and mgcamd1.38 with FreeUK config file... Tried it today and glitching is back.. No settings have been altered... So is it the Zgemma box... Would I need just a cable version only .. Looks like better of with sly in standard definition as that's 100%

26 views and no replys..... Looks like nobody knows so all I put it down to is the providers are giving you shitty line after you buy one from them... The test line will be faultless but as soon as you buy it from them they must change the port number.. That's my theory so the providers are not trustworthy...

It maybe your cable feed, make sure the copper pin by passes the front of the screw end before adding the f connector. I've had the same issue with sky sports 1 HD. After holding the connector tight to the box I noticed the glitching stopped. Stripped back the cable feed leaving the copper pin longer, reattached I to the f connector and boom, no glitching.
Its worth a shot!

I have similar problem. I have glitching some days and not others on my h1. The evenings seem to be worst and +1 channels, should I just change line provider?
Also ppv don't work although channel is there. Provider reckons there is no fault his end?? Re-scanned box with exactly same results. Gonna miss the boxing!!!

Your PPV should be showing as preview on live events, the glitching could well be a line issue. The Zgemma tuners are not the best for cable IMHO.
Try a test line from someone else, that will give you a clear indicator as to line/ tuner issue

So the providers are not trustworthy then...I also have an old openbox connected to satellite dish for sly.. Only pay £10 year .. No problems on there but as you know it's standard definition...

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 AM ----------

I have tried another test line last night and still same.... What box would you recommend for cable Garyth..?

So the providers are not trustworthy then...I also have an old openbox connected to satellite dish for sly.. Only pay £10 year .. No problems on there but as you know it's standard definition...

No Im not saying that the providers are untrustworthy! What I'm saying is there can be reasons for minor glitching especially IMHO with ZGemma.
I had the same connection running with Zgemma, picks ups all my HD channels, but lots of sd channels won't clear or the tuner can't grab them.
I run a Openbox v8s combo, same set up and boom very channel. As I said the tuners ain't the best.
Now if you want to try another provider this will rule a couple of your issues out re: PPV and possibly the glitching.

Does it matter at all if a TiVo box is still connected?

Shouldnt do as I'm running a TiVo as well, though this means you've split the signal which again can be your issue. I tried disconnecting my TiVo and rescanning on Zgemma, still the same channels.

I split it on the broadband feed as you don't lose any strength that way... If I split it on the tuner side the TiVo loses signal strength

Is the openbox v8 better for cable as I might get one of those when I sell h2h

Last edited:
I only have one feed coming into my property and yes IMHO the Openbox v8s combo is better, the only issue with Openboxes are they bring you the viewing and that's about it really. Pretty basic box!

I am running h1 through a splitter although most days its o,k (minor glitch's). So im gonna try another provider its been terrible today. At the moment the pheonix850 is working well for me. What is the best cable box to get? Thanks for your help mate.

Glitching has finally gone to another planet.... I had a faulty splitter.. So if anyone gets glitches try and replace splitter first... Now I have TiVo and Zgemma on at same time .. Also can download on iMac at 200mbps and still no glitches....So these people selling lines are legit... That's my bit of help if anyone gets into problems I have.....

---------- Post Merged at 08:56 AM ----------

I am running h1 through a splitter although most days its o,k (minor glitch's). So im gonna try another provider its been terrible today. At the moment the pheonix850 is working well for me. What is the best cable box to get? Thanks for your help mate.

Yo dude try a different splitter first as I had same problems as you and it was down to the splitter... I had box office on last night to watch fight and it didn't glitch or pause once... I have Zgemma h2h with VM gift

I have a good signal but getting interference on the channels lines so I put a booster on the line and it's all sorted but still can't get the low frequency channels 99mhz ones etc and I can't get my head round it the signal is really good ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a good signal but getting interference on the channels lines so I put a booster on the line and it's all sorted but still can't get the low frequency channels 99mhz ones etc and I can't get my head round it the signal is really good ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What signal booster have you put on? Have you got an eBay address where you got it....

Back