glitching very hour or more on vu+ solo 2

goatie

hi folks
had this fault forever, but just got fed up with it now
every hour almost on the hour my vu+ solo 2 glitches, it lasts for around 8 seconds then its normally fine till the next hour
I always thought it was someone else in my village hogging the signal at that time (coming from a railway background we had signal changeovers every hour, and info downloads every hour) so I thought it was something like that
So having got fed up with it I've been reading threads on various web sites
my daughter has a line from same server and its glitch free(she lives away from me) so I don't think its the server
I've just changed the vu+ solo2 to a static IP address in case it was the DHCP being set by the router that caused the Glitching, but no change
to me its as if the internet has been switched off/on or reset, I've looked at the router looks but can't see anything there to explain it

Sounds like your internet is dropping out.
I would still be trying a test line to rule out the server as what works for your daughter wont necessarily work for you mate.

Yes mate take it of and save it to laptop.
Dont get one from the same server as your using as that defeats the object (dont think you will but you would be surprised)
Good luck mate

It may sound strange but I have a few box's around the house and my son's has glitched the most and then went dark, lost ip and allsorts. I put it in my bedroom and it fired up with no problems and showed all it should. I then turned everthing off including router and then turned on router and then one by one everthing else but the box did not fire up untill I turned my PC on???? It is working fine now but if I do a network check on the box it does not show it's ip or anything but I can now ftp into it ?

Back