Glitching ZGemma

narl

Have an issue with my ZGemma v1rgin.

Everything has been working great no drops / glitching. Have contacted the gift owner everything from his side is fine. Nothing has changed from this side at all.

I'm using home plugs to get the keys etc home plugs respond to ping within a few ms. Ping server getting a max of 30ms.

Gift owner has assured me nothing wrong on his side, I do however have an extremely high SNR for the upstream, just wondering could this be the issue or is it most likely something else?

---------- Post Merged on 08-04-2016 at 12:05 AM ----------

Oh on that note the Ecm seems to jump about quite a bit on different channels.

Virgin your ISP too? You can change your DNS on the box to Google which few servers recommend. Reset your home plugs and try another mg config file in downloads too.

Last edited:
It is yeah. I'll try changing the DNS to google. I have an extremely high power levels for the upstream over 50 which could be the issue. I've also downloaded the config file from here and also the server owner has swapped the line to ccam incase that maybe the issue but has been glitching today as well.

Basically, the term 'High ECM' is referring to the time it takes between the service request and the answer from the card, and if this takes too long then it will cause a break in the decryption, or 'glitch'. If you use Oscam, then you can see this in motion, and will be able to detect the glitch in the logs, associated with an unusual spike in the response times.

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to decrease the ems. When I ping the server I get a response time of 20/30ms but on the to it sits 1.854 or in same cases higher.

hi i have some glitching so I think changing the cable going into the RF adapter from the splitter (as I am on virgin) will fix it, as this 'new' cable has a longer wire sticking out the end (hopefully you'll know what i mean, so there is more contact with the adapter), will it work?

IMG_3718[1].jpg

Here is the ecm times here.

---------- Post Merged at 12:40 AM ----------

Do you mean cut the coax back, make the copper section a little longer so more of it hits the RF adapter so there is slightly more contact?

hi i have some glitching so I think changing the cable going into the RF adapter from the splitter (as I am on virgin) will fix it, as this 'new' cable has a longer wire sticking out the end (hopefully you'll know what i mean, so there is more contact with the adapter), will it work?

Yeah thats what I mean :) and does your ecm range from 0.100-2.200?, the channels that work without glitching have 0.470+ ecm, what is the ecm of your channels that dont glitch because mine tend to stick around 0.470 ish

EDIT* Turns out the previous line guy was lying to me saying it was all good from his side, I decided to get a testline from someone else and now I have next to no glitching luckily I only paid a little for a month (y)

Last edited:
Well, I've tried several different providers all has the same issue, its highly unlikely every provider so far i'm having this problem with, I do believe it could well be to a high upload power level on the modem as pictured

upload.PNG

Hi oTangg, just purchased a h2h last week and was having picture quality problems too.
Purchased a new cable and splitter from Toolstation (under a £5) and picture is now great.
Its worth a try for little money, also new cable has correct rf end on for box.
Hope you get it sorted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah its fine now it had nothing to do with the picture quality, my problem was 'glitching' it was just due to my old line being crap, now i've got a new one and its all good, no freezes whatsoever, I would imagine issues to do with picture quality would be down to a dodgy HDMI, RF adapter, cable from splitter and the length of the copper wire, or the splitter itself!

Is it glitchy on all channels ?
Are you sure your signal strength is good ?
When it glitches check your gift line is green and check the snr, I get glitches on the same zgemma if below 70 in the 60's only on a few channels but will look at fixing it with a greater strength dish I think!

It will vary channel to channel but the majority of channels it will glitch that's correct.
The SNR here is usually around the 80% range.
When it happens the ECM is in the 4.5 mark when it recovers it's in the .200-.400 mark.
I've tried multiple line providers all have the same issue so I know it's not the line now, most likely an upload power issue, if not then I don't know.

Is it glitchy on all channels ?
Are you sure your signal strength is good ?
When it glitches check your gift line is green and check the snr, I get glitches on the same zgemma if below 70 in the 60's only on a few channels but will look at fixing it with a greater strength dish I think!

Back