Go.Sky.com or Sky Go logging on problems

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi lads and lassies,
First, I dont know if this is the right place for this thread, but it relates to sky satellite services, so it was the closest I could think of.
My father in law has the full Sky package, all movies, sports, etc. so therefore has the availability of the Skygo services, which are basically the ability to pick up his channels on two selected devices with internet capabilities, be they computers, phones, etc.
I have set up his account online for him as he is 75 years old. Now to trial this for him, (*cough, cough*) I put it onto my laptop to show him what he could do at home, etc.
the problem is this, everytime I log in to this service, it seems to think that it is a new device, and registers it as such. (you are allowed 2 devices and one change of device per calender month) so if I use it 4 times per month, that is my changes all used up until the next month and I can't watch it.
The only thing that I can think of is that I use CCleaner after every internet usage, and maybe Sky go needs the cookies to recognise my computer as the same device, thus not using another device or change. so to stop this happening, i have chosen the following in Ccleaner to be ignored, but it still seems to be happening, any ideas if
1. this is the problem?,
2. is there something else that I should alter in ccleaner?

here is a picture of the changes in Ccleaner
Ccleaner.jpg

Anyone got any ideas for me,
Cheers,
Wheelo

Last edited:
Just in case this is of use to anyone else, here is the solution.

Stolen from Sky's own forum, who knew they had one???, not me lol

USERS OF CCLEANER AND SKY GO PLEASE READ AND ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE
Options
on 06-02-2012 08:32 PM - last edited on 06-02-2012 09:31 PM

People who use the registry cleaner Ccleaner and also use Sky Go, Please ensure that you change the settings on Ccleaner to ensure it doesn’t remove application storage from Silverlight.

As many users are aware, If you allow Ccleaner to run without unchecking the Microsoft Silverlight option in the settings, The next time you open up Sky Go Desktop it will register as a new device. So if you scan you system twice in a month then you will have to wait the calendar month in order to start viewing again. As the systems will think you have registered 2 devices.

To fix this error and not be unfortunate like many other users of Ccleaner And Sky Go. Follow the steps Below.
Open Ccleaner
Click on Applications
In the multimedia box, Uncheck Microsoft Silverlight.
Also When updating Ccleaner Ensure you check that Microsoft Silverlight is still Un-checked.

For AdvanceSystem Care Users

1. Open Advanced System Care
2. Go to settings
3. Open 'Deep Care'
4. Highlight 'Privacy Sweep'
5. Scroll down to Multimedia and uncheck the Microsoft Silverlight box.
6. Click 'Apply'

So it was an easy enough fix, just have to know what to do, and now the answer is here for everyone, forever.;)

Back