Going to Germany ?

telveskid

Hi all,
Anyone going to Germany anytime soon ?

I have just returned from a 4 day trip to visit a friend there i thought i share a few things from my trip.

Manchester to Dusseldorf with Eurowings £118 return

Flew in to Dusseldorf (flight delayed by 45mins) due to this rather than wait 5 hours to start my onward journey to Osnabruck by train 112miles by train i stayed over in Dusseldorf £38

Dusseldorf Airport has its own Train station has it own train station serving all Germany Dusseldorf city station 5mins by train

I bought a 9 euro train ticket that allows unlimited travel throughout Germany on specified transport for one month only the next month you have to buy another 9 Euro ticket (this not include High speed Bullet type ) trains

The trains i found very reliable & clean however this 9 Euro ticket by German Gov is to help with raising fuel costs trains can get busy at peak times

Next day i caught my onward Train using my 9euro ticket(Photo id required passport etc) ready for inspection 2 hours later i arrived at Osnabruck then caught a local bus for another 20 min trip

I would recommend the DB Navigator App which is German Railway easy to use with all travel planner etc times very useful .

My return home trip same ticket to travel to Airport for flight home.

BUT at Dusseldorf Airport there was a 2.5hr wait to get through Airport Security see photo

And flight home by Eurowings delayed again by 90 Mins.

Generally good trip Eurowings never again & Airport Security a pain but for my first trip it was good

Hope it helps anyone

Attachments

• IMG-20220711-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220711-WA0000.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 23
Try flying from most UK airports,
2.5hrs is nothing,
Dusseldorf is a nice airport btw,
and Eurowings have yet to lose a bag on me (SAS every fkn time I've flew with them, 4 flights, 5 bags, they lost both my bags on one flight! ) , and are usually on time ( Ryanair are delayed more than they aren't delayed )

other than that,
Glad you enjoyed your trip.

BTW , were there no big queues at MCR,?
I flew from there a few weeks back and was 2 hrs to get through security at 4.30am, by 5am they were queued outside, never mind the check-in hall. T2 iirc.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Anyone going to Germany anytime soon ?

I have just returned from a 4 day trip to visit a friend there i thought i share a few things from my trip.

Manchester to Dusseldorf with Eurowings £118 return

Flew in to Dusseldorf (flight delayed by 45mins) due to this rather than wait 5 hours to start my onward journey to Osnabruck by train 112miles by train i stayed over in Dusseldorf £38

Dusseldorf Airport has its own Train station has it own train station serving all Germany Dusseldorf city station 5mins by train

I bought a 9 euro train ticket that allows unlimited travel throughout Germany on specified transport for one month only the next month you have to buy another 9 Euro ticket (this not include High speed Bullet type ) trains

The trains i found very reliable & clean however this 9 Euro ticket by German Gov is to help with raising fuel costs trains can get busy at peak times

Next day i caught my onward Train using my 9euro ticket(Photo id required passport etc) ready for inspection 2 hours later i arrived at Osnabruck then caught a local bus for another 20 min trip

I would recommend the DB Navigator App which is German Railway easy to use with all travel planner etc times very useful .

My return home trip same ticket to travel to Airport for flight home.

BUT at Dusseldorf Airport there was a 2.5hr wait to get through Airport Security see photo

And flight home by Eurowings delayed again by 90 Mins.

Generally good trip Eurowings never again & Airport Security a pain but for my first trip it was good

Hope it helps anyone
That is a really good price for a ticket for a month, our Government need to do something like this to help our people out.

Try flying from most UK airports,
2.5hrs is nothing,
Dusseldorf is a nice airport btw,
and Eurowings have yet to lose a bag on me (SAS every fkn time I've flew with them, 4 flights, 5 bags, they lost both my bags on one flight! ) , and are usually on time ( Ryanair are delayed more than they aren't delayed )

other than that,
Glad you enjoyed your trip.

BTW , were there no big queues at MCR,?
I flew from there a few weeks back and was 2 hrs to get through security at 4.30am, by 5am they were queued outside, never mind the check-in hall. T2 iirc.
Flew out from Manchester T2 7th July 4pm arrived 40 mins to get through Security no problem I've been told by a Guy who works on the same security I know local to me that all holiday flights go out in the morning hence the queues my flight @8.30pm was 2nd to last of the day even duty free bars shutting at 6pm

We used to do summers in the alps down by Berchtesgaden and then do a small trip into Austria. Amazing scenery if you like hiking and stuff like that. Even with kids it's no bother. You can get a train to Berchtesgaden from Munich for a fair price and then theres buses taking you around where you would want to go. Salzburg is only a short bit away.

Well worth at least one visit!

Back