Good IPTV app for Macbook

thebesh

TK Supporter
Hi folks

I absolutely love Tivimate on my Formuler box. Looks very slick and is responsive. I often watch stuff on my laptop (Macbook M1) and unfortunately they don't produce the app on MacOS or iOS. I've used VLC (real basic and no EPG) and I've used Smarters Player Lite (better, but seem unable to remove the "users" that have been configured for testing different services + can't see the EPG until you go to the channel).

Free is good, but I'm happy to pay for something that is of similar quality to Tvimate. I don't want to go splashing cash without some testimonials from others. Is there an equivalent to Tivimate for MacOS. Any recommendations/advice greatly appreciated :smiley:

Hi folks

I absolutely love Tivimate on my Formuler box. Looks very slick and is responsive. I often watch stuff on my laptop (Macbook M1) and unfortunately they don't produce the app on MacOS or iOS. I've used VLC (real basic and no EPG) and I've used Smarters Player Lite (better, but seem unable to remove the "users" that have been configured for testing different services + can't see the EPG until you go to the channel).

Free is good, but I'm happy to pay for something that is of similar quality to Tvimate. I don't want to go splashing cash without some testimonials from others. Is there an equivalent to Tivimate for MacOS. Any recommendations/advice greatly appreciated :smiley:
Nothing close to tivimate for the Macbooks ask provider if they have a webplayer you can try. Why not use the official MYTV app that comes with the formular box.

Never thought of bluestacks - thanks, that's a great call, thanks (y)

I've never even opened the MyTvOnline app on Formuler box. I tested Tivimate first and was sold on it straight off. My previous experience was coming from a Satellite VU+ Duo box where I had to build/edit my own bouquets. I saw most people used Tivimate (even Formuler owners) and I can see why. It's very good

Nothing close to tivimate for the Macbooks ask provider if they have a webplayer you can try. Why not use the official MYTV app that comes with the formular box.
Web players are too much of a security risk nowadays.
Hi folks

can you not get iboplayer on Mac OS or there’s 247 iptv if your provider supports it there’s purple playlist

Bluestacks 5 is "coming soon" for Mac. Downloaded Bluestacks 4 and it's not compatible with M1 chips - damn :cry:

Thanks for all the replies folks. I tried and tested a LOT of apps, most are not great and deleted straight away. Here's the 2 I kept....

#1 = GSE SMART IPTV - works well and I like the interface and displays EPG pretty well. Downsides, you need to pay for it and the playlist folders are sorted alphabetically (no way to change this to provider default)

#2 = Smarters Player Lite - free and works well, keeps playlist folders in service provider order. Can't see EPG until you click on a channel, not very good for browsing what's on.

Bluestacks 5 is "coming soon" for Mac. Downloaded Bluestacks 4 and it's not compatible with M1 chips - damn :cry:
Could try link below, Don't use MAC so not sure if they work but plenty of emulators.
Android Emulator for M1 Chip Macbook in 2022 | Best 15 Curated List

MEmu and Nox are supposed to be good. (On windows not sure on MAC?)

EDIT: Did find this out on the bluestacks it might help you to get that working (Plus if do get it working you should be able to use Tivimate app?)
https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/17979986317837

Last edited:
Back