Good sat box that can do iptv

KashB

Hi everyone,

My mum's h52tc has finally died and I'm looking for a easy to use box for free to air sat channels and iptv. I only have experience with the zgemmas. I liked the h5 but had some stalling issues with iptv.

I like enigma 2 boxes as the skins make them easy for her to operate.

I've had a search on the forum and right now I'm looking at the gigablue uhd 4k. I would like to get her something future proof and something the rest of the family can use too.

Primary uses will be:
Iptv
Free to air sat
Hd-4k movies played from external hardrive.

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.

Hi everyone,

My mum's h52tc has finally died and I'm looking for a easy to use box for free to air sat channels and iptv. I only have experience with the zgemmas. I liked the h5 but had some stalling issues with iptv.

I like enigma 2 boxes as the skins make them easy for her to operate.

I've had a search on the forum and right now I'm looking at the gigablue uhd 4k. I would like to get her something future proof and something the rest of the family can use too.

Primary uses will be:
Iptv
Free to air sat
Hd-4k movies played from external hardrive.

Any advice/opinions would be appreciated.
Only choice of 2 in my book if you want top spec which are lightening compared to zgemma (both under £100)

No 1 choice

GiGaBlue UHD Trio 4K UHD (single sat tuner)

No 2 choice

OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD (twin tuner)

Only choice of 2 in my book if you want top spec which are lightening compared to zgemma (both under £100)

No 1 choice

GiGaBlue UHD Trio 4K UHD (single sat tuner)

No 2 choice

OCTAGON SF8008 S2X TWIN 4K UHD (twin tuner)
Thanks mate,

That's helpful. I'll have a look at those 2.

If you like Zgemma then look at the H7s 4k . Its a triple tuner 2x Sat 1 x DVBC/T2

But as above the Octagon SF8008 4k Twin tuner has to be for me the best band for buck.

I have H2, H7, GigaBlue Quad 4K and have used the GigaBlue UHD 4K.

I'd 100% recommend either the GigaBlue UHD / Quad 4K. They're super fast and both the same operational wise bar a few hardware features. They cope with IPTV excellently.

The Quad 4K comes with an HDMI in port which I have my Viark connected to and is extremely useful for integrating the two boxes and controlling my motorised dish.

When I got my H7 it was a huge upgrade on my H2 but the GigaBlue was massive step up again. It blows the Zgemmas out the water. My H7 now seems slow in comparison.

I'd 100% recommend either the GigaBlue UHD / Quad 4K. They're super fast and both the same operational wise bar a few hardware features. They cope with IPTV excellently.

The Quad 4K comes with an HDMI in port which I have my Viark connected to and is extremely useful for integrating the two boxes and controlling my motorised dish.

When I got my H7 it was a huge upgrade on my H2 but the GigaBlue was massive step up again. It blows the Zgemmas out the water. My H7 now seems slow in comparison.
Spot on and the zgemma not even a close second

Thanks mate, I'm glad to be rid of the zgemma tbh. From the recommendations in this thread, I've decided to go for the gigablue trio uhd 4k. Seeing as only a single sat line will be needed for free to air and everything else on iptv, it seemed a good choice.

Actually looking forward to setting this one up.

Thanks mate, I'm glad to be rid of the zgemma tbh. From the recommendations in this thread, I've decided to go for the gigablue trio uhd 4k. Seeing as only a single sat line will be needed for free to air and everything else on iptv, it seemed a good choice.

Let me know if you need any help

I don't have any experience with that model, but if it's anything like the other GigaBlues it should be really good. 👍

You have to bear in mind here the GigaBlue Quad 4K is a £240 box the Zgemma, Octagon and Gigablue trio are not so obviously, the quad is spec wise better. Like comparing a Golf 1.6tdi to a Golf R that is.

The Octagon 8008 4k is also available as a single tuner well trio with C/T

8008 v Trio is all down to which chipset you prefer ARM Cortex A53 v Hisilicon Hi3798MV200

Last edited:
Huge thanks all and @moshibeth for the recommendation. The trio arrived yesterday, havent had a chance to really play with it yet but got my free2air sat and IPTV up and running. The difference with my iptv on this compared to the zgemma is immediately noticeable, no stutter and no lagging so far. Very happy with it. Thanks.

Back