Goodmas Freesat HD - LNB Out

I moved into a house with a freesat settup in one room and no other way of receiving TV. We live in a small village in the Yorkshire Wolds which was apparently the last place in England to get any TV signal at-all. Something to do with the terrain apparently. So to get freeview you need a massive mast for the antenna.
Anyway. The previous residents left a Goodmans Freesat HD box for us and we've been using this in the kitchen. Now to get signal in the livingroom I've bought a SKYBOX F5s and run coax around the side of the house from the Goodmans box to the SKYBOX.
Now the Goodmans box has this LNB OUT port next to the LNB IN but a sticker that says "please note the LNB OUT has no function and does not act as a loop through" I can only speculate some one cocked somthing up late in the day when they were developing this or it was intended for a future revision. Anyway I plugged it in and as-long as the Goodmans box is turned on I seem to get a good signal at the Skybox. So I wonder what that's all about?
I don't know whether or not to do it some other way. Goodmans must have done that for a reason. Anyone know?

image000lb5.jpg

If it's working now, why not leave it, the only other way that I see is by running a cable direct from F5s to the mast.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

...I don't know whether or not to do it some other way...

The best solution is to run another cable from the dish to the Skybox (assuming that you have spare ports on the LNB). This will allow you watch both boxes at once.

The way you have it connected at the moment means that you are very limited to the number of channels you can watch on one of the boxes, as there will be a conflict over the control signals to the LNB.

Back