Got a zgemma H9.2H arriving in a couple of hours...

dougsta

My current setup an old sky zone 2 dish with 2 quad LNBs attached, 1st LNB is picking up 19.2H connected to a French TNTSAT box and 2nd to 29.2E with a humax freesat box, both get 75-80% signal quality.
I also have VM cable doing my internet and basic tv.

I have a 4x1 DiSEqC switch too, currently not being used, I had it connected to a cloud ibox 2 plus a few years back on four satellites 13e/19e/23e/29e which worked well with a single cline for the lot.

So, the zgemma H9.2H could connect to all 3 sources with the DiSEqC switch connecting the 2 sat sources to the single DVB/S tuner and vm cable going to the 2nd tuner (DVB/C)

1st I'd just like to get the satelltes setup, any firmware build recommended?

Doug

... just received a 48hr trial c-line for testing today.

Thanks for the info about VM, I don't have an outside aerial and get very poor reception from an inside one.

Amazon just delivered the new box.

It has open atv 6.2 preinstalled, I'm just doing a FTA scan on 19.2e to test it's working ok

Thanks for the info, I'd aleady started a scan, I needed to test my tv with the new box, my old cloud ibox 2+ didn't have audio when I used it on the hdmi input, pic was ok but no audio.

Hi, yes, UK based/born tho I did live in France for 9 years hence the need to get a satellite dish/freesat box setup while there (Paris area, 80cm dish)

The kids speak French like natives, now back in UK so I got a TNT SAT (French version of freesat) to keep up with the language.

Now I'd like to merge the 2 sat boxes into one and have the bonus of the non fta channels on 19.2e with the addition of a line...

Yes, dish is all setup, I've been using it with my French TNT SAT box and my Humax feesat box. Dish is pointing to 19.2e and TNT SAT box is connected to the 1st LNB. A 2nd LNB is connected just to the left of the main LNB (as you look from the front) and connected to freesat box, all working ok. I made my own bracket to connect the 2 LNBs to the one dish.
I'm in Edinburgh so need a zone 2 dish.

Updated to openatv 6.4,did an abm scan for french/spanish and germal channels, installed cccam, tried the trial c line - channels were clearing but freezing badly. Will search for another provider...

Updated to openatv 6.4,did an abm scan for french/spanish and germal channels, installed cccam, tried the trial c line - channels were clearing but freezing badly. Will search for another provider...
No wonder they were feezing as cccam cannot be used on your box. Its not possible

Yes, dish is all setup, I've been using it with my French TNT SAT box and my Humax feesat box. Dish is pointing to 19.2e and TNT SAT box is connected to the 1st LNB. A 2nd LNB is connected just to the left of the main LNB (as you look from the front) and connected to freesat box, all working ok. I made my own bracket to connect the 2 LNBs to the one dish.
I'm in Edinburgh so need a zone 2 dish.

@dougsta did you manage to merge both boxes? Which one did you buy, I am looking at Gigablue 4k or Octagon 4008 or ZGemma H9Twin last option VU+ I have a friend who did that on vu plus duo 2 with the German TV and UK TV and he has no issue. Thanks

Back