Great EPG / Bouquet modification

CdRsKuLL

This simple modification will allow you to toggle between Channel listing and Bouquets. I needed to do this as I don't have prev / next buttons I can map on my universal remote. But I think it works great and makes things a little better to use. (more wife friendly)

This is how it works...

Press EPG and it brings up the channel listing. Press EPG again and it brings up bouquet listings. Press EPG again and it brings up channel listings.. and repeat :-)

You need to edit keymap.xml. This is done via FTP and is in folder usr/share/enigma2. Transfer keymap.xml over to your desktop and open it in notepad++ or similar. Look for EPGSelectActions .. In this section near the bottom it has KEY_EPG map this to "tv" instead of "epg".. Save and transfer back. Reboot your GUI or box and that's it.. Job done. Now when you press EPG it loads the channel list.. Press again it goes to the bouquets.. Press again back to the channel list.

It should look like the below when done..

Code:
	<map context="EPGSelectActions">		<key id="KEY_GREEN" mapto="timerAdd" flags="b"/>
		<key id="KEY_CHANNELUP" mapto="nextService" flags="m"/>
		<key id="KEY_CHANNELDOWN" mapto="prevService" flags="m"/>
		<key id="KEY_NEXT" mapto="nextBouquet" flags="m"/>
		<key id="KEY_PREVIOUS" mapto="prevBouquet" flags="m"/>
		<key id="KEY_MENU" mapto="menu" flags="m"/>
		<key id="KEY_TEXT" mapto="input_date_time" flags="m"/>
		<key id="KEY_I" mapto="info" flags="b"/>
		<key id="KEY_INFO" mapto="info" flags="b"/>
		<key id="KEY_INFO" mapto="infolong" flags="l"/>
		[B]<key id="KEY_EPG" mapto="tv" flags="b"/>[/B]
		<key id="KEY_TV" mapto="tv" flags="b"/>
		<key id="KEY_TV" mapto="tvlong" flags="l"/>
	</map>

I'm using the HDSky skin v3.0 and love it :-) .. however I do think some buttons should take you to other places.. just feels a little disjointed but I've been a sky user for about 10 years so maybe I'm a little stuck in my ways.. lol

thanks,

Steve

or just press the epg button... followed by the tv button to bring up your bouquets ;) no edit needed.

---------- Post Merged at 01:47 PM ----------

or just press fast forward / rewind... which is the same as prev/next button

or...:leaving:

Yep, but that means looking at your remote plus I don't have a TV button on my universal remote. Things you access all the time should be close together and able to select just on feel rather than looking.

Don't get me wrong I love the unit I just think things are a little disjointed.

I couldn't live without the tv button. I use that channel select a lot. Maybe you should also remap one of the other buttons to be tv button. But each to their own.

Cool. I prefer using the Graphical EPG with the bouquets along the top, so on my remote I've assigned the green and yellow buttons as prev/next. The green and yellow functions I've put down on AV and Text because I don't use them nearly as much.

Yep, maybe. I'll have a bit more of a play with it and see just what it does. I was struggling with the zgemma remote and the wife was a nightmare trying to get used to it.. Hence getting the one for all 6430.. This has made a world of difference now it's set up and makes the box really nice to use.

Don't need to look at it to do most things :-)

Attachments

• 100108895_prim_z.jpg
    100108895_prim_z.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 41
Kiddac, yep I nearly purchased that or the 300 but thought the 6430 looked more similar to the sky remote so went for that instead. I know its not as functional as the harmony but it does have a USB port on it so can share my settings.bin file if others want to use it. They would however need to set up the TV and DVD buttons to there system.

As well as having to work out the zgemma I need to keep the wife happy which is defo the more difficult task.. Lol

Kiddac.. Just tried the new Wooshbuild v2 image with your skin. Fantastic work fella! I'm using the ff/rw buttons as you mentioned but still added my epg --> bouquet key.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work on the skin.. you have made an awesome job of it. I had a go at skinning the dreambox many many moons ago and know how much work goes into these.. endless uploading and refreshing the gui until everything is pixel perfect.. hours upon hours spent on a single screen just making sure it's right.

Steve

You're not wrong. I had endless amounts of screenshots and youtube videos to work off, trying to sample the correct colours and font sizes. I pretty much got there with v2 although I was never 100% happy with it. Then the bleeders released an online demo version, where I could actually get all the correct colours, positioning, sizes etc. Hence why I pretty much rewrote the entire thing again for v3. It was worth all the hard work in the end though, and all the positive feedback makes it worthwhile. Shame these boxes cant be skinned with html and ccs. I could design a skin a week then instead of pulling my hair out for 3 months with this ancient code that is so difficult to work with. But very happy you like the finished article.

Talking about remotes, is it possible to slow the sensitivity of the remote or channel change controller? When my son tries to input a three digit channel like 624, the channel changes when he has only typed 62. So that by the time he types 4, the channel goes to BBC (101)

there is a plugin you can install, its called extnumberzap, i think it is in systemplugins. Then there is settings in that to slow the buttons down.

Ive found if you set these settings within the channel selection settings menu you get a longer time to press each button when changing channels.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454357781.322764.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kiddac and gmanpanthro.

I downloaded and installed the extnumberzap but could not find it in the installed plugin list. I have played with the channel zap list as suggested by gmanpanthro and I have been able to find a sweetspot for easy channel changing. This Zgemma box keeps impressing me on a consistent basis. Most things were well thought about to make it more user friendly. I would not imagine even asking a question like this for a sky remote.

Thanks guys. I appreciate.

are them channel zap delay menu settings also now in vix. I think they came in around November on atv.

Back