GrogBuild Grog installed failed with error

noddyrams

Good evening,

I have tried to install grog tonight via the web interface on my old zgemma h2s but I got the below error and I just get the standard openatv setup?

cp: can't start '/lib/libcrypt*': No such file or directory
Switching to user mode 2

Then the box just restarted without any plugin or skins?

Good evening,

I have tried to install grog tonight via the web interface on my old zgemma h2s but I got the below error and I just get the standard openatv setup?

cp: can't start '/lib/libcrypt*': No such file or directory
Switching to user mode 2

Then the box just restarted without any plugin or skins?
Did you have an initialised usb in the box before you run the command line?
It needs space for the downloaded temp files

Menu, setup, system, storage devices.
Click on your usb/HDD and press red to initialise.
It might be quicker to put a small usb in and initialise that just for flashing

When people ask is the usb/hdd initialised, they are asking if it is in a Linux file system ( ext file system) .

Initialise = format.
If you already have recordings on it, make sure you take steps to keep your recordings/files if you are going to format/initialise it.

The more pertinent questions to ask are how many storage devices do you have connected to the box, what file systems are they in, what are they mounted as?

You can just paste the following command in teeminal/Putty and post back results.

df -Th

The device mounted as media/hdd must be in a Linux file system for the Grog customisation process to complete successfully. If you have more than one device connected, might be easier/simpler to put box into deep standby and disconnect one first.

ah ok, I thought I had to flash with the HDD connected I was going to use to record in future?
Take the HHD out insert a small usb the one you used to flash atv 6.4 will do the job. Press Blue Button Mounts Device manager once mounted then run grog command line

Take the HHD out insert a small usb the one you used to flash atv 6.4 will do the job. Press Blue Button Mounts Device manager once mounted then run grog command line
Will do thank you mate ... Once I get grog installed can I then just switch to my larger HDD for recordings?

Ok to update.... I have clicked initialise on the storage device option but now unsure where to go to check if it's done it correctly before trying to flash grog again?

Also I have added a stream playlist to jedimaker and xstreamity but have no Audio, is this something obvious I am missing? I have checked web interface and volume is 100... Or am I best just trying to flash grog again to fix this also?

Ok to update.... I have clicked initialise on the storage device option but now unsure where to go to check if it's done it correctly before trying to flash grog again?

Also I have added a stream playlist to jedimaker and xstreamity but have no Audio, is this something obvious I am missing? I have checked web interface and volume is 100... Or am I best just trying to flash grog again to fix this also?
If your usb has initialised that's all you need before flashing Grogbuild, it mounts it for you on openatv.
Flashing it will remove jedi and xtreamity

If your usb has initialised that's all you need before flashing Grogbuild, it mounts it for you on openatv.
Flashing it will remove jedi and xtreamity
He will be able to install jedi and xtreamity through the plugin feeds once grog has been flashed its not included in his build.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, disable the HDD and put a small usb in, initialise that, flash the box, then remove the usb and use the HDD for recording

Back