Grogbuild channel list

Dead_dog

Updated from Whooshbuild to Grogbuild earlier and the channel list doesn't include channels that I commonly watch. I've still got a CS line and so watch things like Dave, Alibi etc but in teh "All Channels" list there are only FTA channels. Is there any way I can make a list with all channels in?

Also noticed that the box has locked up a few times since the reflash whereas it never used to lock up.

Thanks

a reset of your router wont go amiss if it hasn't been done for a while, locked up with spinning circle generally means your box is waiting on a reply or it is busy & you need to wait for it to free up resources, epg being pulled in while trying to flick through channels type of thing.

IF you are meaning your sat feed is connected to the box & you only get some of the free to air channels this could be the settings for grogbuild, if you go to Menu/setup/reception/autobouquetsmaker/providers you can setup your sat side to how you want it

Thanks chaps - as you will undoubtedly have deduced it was something that I had ballsed up. During setup I selected Westcountry HD instead of Westcountry SD. Now sorted.

BeakyFord, thanks for providing the path to find the offending setup.

BTW I rebooted the router earlier this afternoon so it probably isn't that. Hopefully its just a passing thing and everything will be better in the future.

do you have the option of 'custom' instead of HD or SD, if you set it to custom & set the 'swap' channels to yes the system should bring in the HD channel when one is available

OK thanks everyone.

The box is still "locking up" though. By "Locking up" I mean that you get the little blue circle and can't do anything with the remote. Only way to get rid of it is to reboot (by using the power switch on the back of the unit).

I suspect its your USB causing issues, remove the USB & format it into NTFS then put it back in the box & reboot system, check it is mounted as media/hdd Menu/info panel/plugins/mount manager.
NOTE: you will loose any recordings & need to reload your EPG

I suspect its your USB causing issues, remove the USB & format it into NTFS then put it back in the box & reboot system, check it is mounted as media/hdd Menu/info panel/plugins/mount manager.
NOTE: you will loose any recordings & need to reload your EPG
Seems odd that it was working fine with the whooshbuild this morning but I'm no expert!

it sounds like the system is trying to communicate with something & your stuck until the system has finished, often a USB conflict (mainly If used with older builds & not freshly installed along with a clean USB), as your USB hasnt been cleared it may have traces of the old build locations causing conflicts/timeouts, it wont hurt to clear the USB & try it but you will of cause loose recordings unless you move them to PC & reload them afterwards (could take a while)

That makes sense. Definitely wouldn't want to lose the recordings though so I'll have to look at the best way of handling that

recordings are much faster to transfer by using the network tab on your PC to connect to the box rather than sending via the boxes internal system as you PC has more resources than the box, or... use a fresh USB that is clear of data just to test my theory

recordings are much faster to transfer by using the network tab on you PC to connect to the box rather than sending via the boxes internal system as you PC has more resources than the box, or... use a fresh USB that is clear of data just to test my theory
How small a usb would I be able to get away with for testing purposes?

2gb but these are like rocking horse poop lol, any size will do 4gb to 1tb, be sure to check it is mounted correctly once the box has booted

Back