GrogBuild Grogbuild Duplicate setup

vizzy

Hi,

I have two boxes. One which has been updated with the latest ATV/grogbuild as per the instalation instructions. Then another box that probably has not been updated for 2 years.

How do i go about backing up and installing on the second box, and just changing the line? - Is this possible? If so will it back up the ATV version etc as well or is it literally just the grog build and settings it backs up.

thanks,

V

My thoughts if it 2 years ago i would be doing a new image flash.
Save any line info from either var/keys or etc Cccam.cfg to desktop first.
Old images may not be compatible with newer images .
Too many things changing to try and keep up,note where your line is to send it back later.

yeah thats fair, ill give it a go. Didn;t know if it would save me a few hours failing and retrying though. Cheers

Use the complete backup option in image manager and use the yellow button to change to 'recovery'.
Use the red button to backup to hdd and when finished there will be a zgemma folder on /media/hdd/ that you can copy to usb to flash the other one.

How do I access image manager to back up my settings to flash to another box?
I’ve edited the hotkeys so I can’t access software management that way.
cheers

Blue button is the norm but if not then menu -> setup -> software management

I have no option for software management.
Under menu setup, I have video, audio, recordings and timeshift, usage and gui, epg, reception, description and parental control, system.
I've edited the blue hotkey button so that isn't an option.

I have no option for software management.
Under menu setup, I have video, audio, recordings and timeshift, usage and gui, epg, reception, description and parental control, system.
I've edited the blue hotkey button so that isn't an option.
Try menu -> InfoPanel -> Software manager

I'm struggling adding my line details so just want to duplicate my set up.
On the addaline plugin, it wont let me enter my full details in.
what details wont it let you enter?

You could just upload your file to the box via ftp or network browser on computer

are you running on vix or atv? if ATV then I can't understand why you are missing menu options

are you running on vix or atv? if ATV then I can't understand why you are missing menu options
ATV.
Looks like a fresh install then.
I just wanted to save myself time because I were having issues entering my vi*gin line details on the addaline plugin.

just ftp it to the box, or use network browsing. It's quicker than using addaline, that plugin is really ained at people that don't have the facility to upload their line.

You didn't say what the addaline plugin wouldn't let you enter

just ftp it to the box, or use network browsing. It's quicker than using addaline, that plugin is really ained at people that don't have the facility to upload their line.

You didn't say what the addaline plugin wouldn't let you enter
my server name has too many characters it seems.
********.ddns.net

Back