GrogBuild grogbuild fresh install autotimer not installed

Hi All, just done a fresh install of grogbuild ATV on an xtrend et8000 using the command line, all goes well but when trying to setup an autotimer it says please install autotimer, I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success, same thing, any ideas please?

GB uses an older version of autotimer as the later version caused issues for some who recorded more than one channel at a time.

Gb actually locks autotimer plugin so it can't be updated to the latest version, by removing the plugin it is probably not letting you install the latest version.

Hi grog,
Thankyou, if I understand correctly then how do I get the correct version back?
I have managed to install a version but it is now throwing regular errors

Hi,
I have done a fresh install using Grogs instructions but keeps saying autotimer is not installed and it is missing from the plugins list, any ideas what I am doing wrong please?
Thanks

hmm autotimer is normally installed as part of ATV so grogbuild doesn't install the plugin, but grogbuild does then copy the files from an older autotimer overwriting the newer ones. Not sure why ATV isn't installing the plugin by default. If you flash bare atv 6.4 does the autotimer install ok then?

It's installing the incorrect plugin, or its not overwriting the incorrect one with the one you need.
Also do you have timers set because that error mentions multiple timers?
Delete all timers, then flash online to today's openatv.
Then run the Grogbuild command line and flash again

I keep the timers and copy them back across after the install, saves the hassles of redoing them all.
It is an xtrend et8000 which has given many years of good service
I redid the flash and without copying across the timers it says in a popup autotimer not installed and it is missing from the list of plugins, any other ideas please?

I keep the timers and copy them back across after the install, saves the hassles of redoing them all.
I redid the flash and without copying across the timers it says in a popup autotimer not installed and it is missing from the list of plugins, any other ideas please?
Youll have to reflash it.
It takes ten minutes.
You may have to flash it a few times as it appears that this plugin isn't being overwritten

ok reflash ATV 6.4 without adding your timers? do you get the error? if not go into Menu -> Setup -> Timers -> Autotimers and check what version it says at the top.

now if you want GB then install that, again with no timers, when installed again go to the autotimers screen and check the version number. It should be an older version number, if it's not then there lies the problem and I will check my script/setup files and see if something's gone astray for some reason

Have you checked usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions to see if Autotimer folder does exist if so delete it and reboot, then reinstall from plugins.

Have you tried using vix with grogbuild to see if you get the same?

You can also try

Code:
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer

See if any errors show

Have you tried using vix with grogbuild to see if you get the same?

You can also try

Code:
opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-autotimer

See if any errors show

the error screenshot posted above does indicate that it is the ATV autotimer error that they never fixed, if you had more than 2 timers that clashed then it blue screened, even if you have enough tuners. Vix should be OK unless they use the same plugin, but I did start playing with atv 7 a month or so back and may have got the two set of setup files mixed up and removed the autotimer files but I don't think so and no one else has reported an issue, but they wouldn't if they didn't have many timers,

EDIT: no the actual setup files used have not been changed since June last year. so it should be working

Last edited:
Ok fresh install grog at no timers
completed and this is what I get, no autotimer this is without doing anything else the version with the error was 4.3.2 if that helps, thanks again
IMG_20220130_203131.jpg

Is that just ATV? if so then there is an issue with ATV image as it should include the autotimer as default

vix doesnt seem to work on this box, it did install but crashed, then had no ABM installed, managed to install that and get a picture up, it did install the autotimer but version 4.3.2 when I try and reflash a message says vix not supported and tries to install atv, but then says
wget: missing URL
Usage: wget [OPTION]... ...

Back