GrogBuild GrogBuild on Star H1 (atv6.1) won't update

bvilko1

I have an old Star H1 which has been running happily on Atv 6.1 Grogbuild but I need to update. I've tried using the update option from the menu but it errors out saying not enough space even though there is a usb in the back with movie and timeshift folders on it. I tried to re initialise it but it just errors out. Next I tried the Openwebif option but that seems to work until I get to the multiboot option, I just hit enter (don't have multiboot) and all that happens is Wget : short write appears and thats it. Am I doing something wrong? Is the box too old for new version of Grogbuild Freerange? If I try and put the latest Atv 6.4 on will I be able to use Grogbuild freerange?

I have an old Star H1 which has been running happily on Atv 6.1 Grogbuild but I need to update. I've tried using the update option from the menu but it errors out saying not enough space even though there is a usb in the back with movie and timeshift folders on it. I tried to re initialise it but it just errors out. Next I tried the Openwebif option but that seems to work until I get to the multiboot option, I just hit enter (don't have multiboot) and all that happens is Wget : short write appears and thats it. Am I doing something wrong? Is the box too old for new version of Grogbuild Freerange? If I try and put the latest Atv 6.4 on will I be able to use Grogbuild freerange?
You need a usb in the back that will initialise because it's required for storage during the flashing process.
About 8-16gb is best and yes you can flash grogbuild freerange via the Openwebif method which uses openatv 6.4

Last edited:
Thanks, I found a USB stick that would mount and have gone through the process, seemed to go ok until Auto bouquet makers through a no NIM found error. Also when checking the Info section it shows as ATV 6.1 still.

H1 is an old model and looking at the size of newer images are getting bigger will the box run slow.
Your box is still on the old image.

If it's still on 6.1 it's not flashed.
Are you using webif and pasting the command line in?
NIM error is because you haven't put your netid in

I used Webif and followed the instructions, it downloaded files, I entered net id during installation. I've just found a Grogbuild on ATV 6.2 which is downloading and flashing using the online update on the old Grogbuild 6.1 build. If that works I'll try to update to Freerange again. All i really need is mgcamd 1.45 to get up and running again.

Well it downloaded and flashed but still saying ATV 6.1 in information screen but i now have an (enter your line plugin) which is new.
Going to try Freerange from Webif again. Once I have started the flashing process through Webif do i close it down after i have made my net id, skin choices etc?

Well it downloaded and flashed but still saying ATV 6.1 in information screen but i now have an (enter your line plugin) which is new.
Going to try Freerange from Webif again. Once I have started the flashing process through Webif do i close it down after i have made my net id, skin choices etc?
No
Leave it open and allow it to finish
You have to have an initialised usb in the box before you begin with webif/Terminal

Yes I have an initialised USB now 3rd time lucky. I now have the new start up screen :) ABM scanner worked but no EPG importer showing. Tried starting Mgcamd and box froze. Back to the drawing board.

Yes I have an initialised USB now 3rd time lucky. I now have the new start up screen :) ABM scanner worked but no EPG importer showing. Tried starting Mgcamd and box froze. Back to the drawing board.
Epg importer isn't where it used to be
Menu
Setup
Epg
Epgimporter

The box crashes everytime i try to enter my line details and start the cam (blue screens) Going to try one more go at flashing and if that doesn't work I'll probably bin it and go with iptv on a firestick.

Well tried again with another USB stick and it's up and running, thanks Pabloescaban for the tips. Only hick up is on Grogs tutorial it says "Now press the Blue button and select Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV to open the options and then select each of the 6 options so each box is ticked" I do not have the option of Rytec UK sat/Virgin XMLTV. I used the top one which was Rytec General XMLTV.

Back