grogbuild software update

celticfc

TK Veteran
grogbuild software update
hi i recentlt changed frm wooshbuild to grogbuild (tiviar alpha plus thanx grog ) i was wondering is it ok to update software or will it crash my box the way wooshbuild use to
thanx guys

If you have just flashed it no need to update will have all the latest software on there. Its still atv like wooshbuild so you will still have the same issues as before .

Personally I don't do software updates as they can indeed crash the box, I find it's just as quick to reflash the box totally but then again I only do that once in a blue moon, don't fix what aint broke is my motto
hi and thanx grog. my problem is i have IMDB installed but when i try to use it it says "please install IMDB but it is already installed
thanx

If you have just flashed it no need to update will have all the latest software on there. Its still atv like wooshbuild so you will still have the same issues as before .
installed it about 3 weeks ago
thanx

error occurs every where epg when i do an IMDB search it retuns please install imdb but its already installed
thanx

Has it ever worked since installing?

Did you restart the box after installing the plugin? some plugins require a restart after installation

Have you tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it?

it has never worked since installed i just tried uninstalling it then reinstall but still the same
if i goto aa chanel then my plugin browser/imdb search it shows program info but anywhere else ie. my epg pick channel then imdb search it says please install imdb
sorry for the hassle, its not 100% needed just bothers me as i use to use it on wooshbuild b4
thanx

I've not used my e2 box for a long time and never used the IMDB but wondering if it's looking for a different IMDB plugin? is there another one in the downloadable plugins?

the imdb plugin ext. 6.4 is the only one in dwnld plugins,
its ok grog. not a big problem but thanx for your help. its appreciated
cheers

i just downloaded PLUTO TV plugin and imdb works with that
could it be atv thats causing it ?

on openatv6.4 i just tried imdb it failed to get info but i did software update and now it is working so you could try uninstalling imdb and reinstalling it to get updated version if you do not wan't to do software update.

on openatv6.4 i just tried imdb it failed to get info but i did software update and now it is working so you could try uninstalling imdb and reinstalling it to get updated version if you do not wan't to do software update.
hi urie thanx i did uninstall/reinstall but its still the same,
i remember on woosh that software updates crashed box so was not sure to do it, as grog says if not broke dont fix

hi urie thanx i did uninstall/reinstall but its still the same,
i remember on woosh that software updates crashed box so was not sure to do it, as grog says if not broke dont fix
with wooshbuild you could not do software update unless you changed skin to Metrix HD have you tried manually removing
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\IMDb folder

Sorry to bring your thread a different direction, but where did you find the Pluto TV plugin?
I've just seen it advertised on TV in the last hour and your thread has turned up.

Back