Grogbuild

Did network test, getting ip address unconfirmed and nameserver unconfirmed, never had any problems with that before.

Go to menu setup system network device setup
Restart network interface.

After its restarted, check nameserver settings again
Tried that nothing changed, if I disable DHCP, the ip address turns to green but nameserver settings stays red, so definately a network problem.

Tried that nothing changed, if I disable DHCP, the ip address turns to green but nameserver settings stays red, so definately a network problem.
Nameserver settings should be 8888 and 8844 if using Grogbuild default settings, if you have a VPN running these will be different, if you set them as above you need to reboot then check again that they've saved and see if it goes green

Have you tried setting up a static on the box ? Im wondering if you have a IP clash.

User Interface-ON
DHCP-OFF
IP Address- Out side of your routers/hub /modems DHCP table
Gateway-Your router/hub/modems IP address
Primary DNS-Your router/hub/modems IP address

Save reboot see what happens.

Nameserver settings should be 8888 and 8844 if using Grogbuild default settings, if you have a VPN running these will be different, if you set them as above you need to reboot then check again that they've saved and see if it goes green
Yeah done that but I was trying 8,8,8,8 on both, forgot about the 2nd one being 8,8,4,4, thanks Pablo for reminding me on that one, starting to get somewhere now, able to install plugins again, gonna spend the next hour or two fixing it back up, big thanks to Grog aswell for his tip about it being something to do with the network, thanks to everyone else for their suggestions, great learning curve this, never had this sort of problem ever with any boxes, havent a clue how the nameserver settings went back to 0,0,0,0

Have you tried setting up a static on the box ? Im wondering if you have a IP clash.

User Interface-ON
DHCP-OFF
IP Address- Out side of your routers/hub /modems DHCP table
Gateway-Your router/hub/modems IP address
Primary DNS-Your router/hub/modems IP address

Save reboot see what happens.
Seems to been just the nameserver as stated above, thanks Ferret.

Back