"Guide to pay servers - clines - nlines - sea lions - gifts - Do's & Don'ts" revamp

satmanUK

TK Veteran
OK well i know a lot of people come on this site and are always looking for pay servers for their boxes and there is no real guide here to say what to look for.

So this is IMHO of what should be looked for from 3 years knowledge of using one, as well as my research on them from being a member on a dozen boards as well as a cable box chipper background and cable/sat installer.

THIS IS A GUIDE FOR SAT C/S BUT THE SAME COULD BE SAID FOR CABLE C/S

I ask you don't silly question in here, which could be posted in other areas of the site and that this stays as a GUIDE post ONLY!

As per admin, we ask that you do not post any mention or comparison of servers as it only ends up in arguments!!
He also does't want to see anyone discussing their own server in any way
!

NO asking in here for gifts at all!!!

ok so your looking for a "gift" ( now common named ) or sea line (cline)

(Declaimer:
The following post is for educational purposes ONLY)

First off the basics:

1. A good server should have positive feedback (we do not have this area on this site) and normally deals only by word of mouth or what is known as resellers* (some servers are openly posted on a few well known sites)
  2. IMHO should have whats is called "locals" this to the Lehman is has "real subscription cards in a card reader server". There is a lot of servers out there that are just resellers* and have no cards whatsoever and rely on connections to multiple servers via lines or cache. ( they may be good or not, but feedback from £30 a year sites have proven most go down or glitch a lot)
  3. To offer a 24 test line or if you buy a sub and time frame on refunds.
  4. Support via email/Skype in a timely fashion (we don't want to wait 24 hrs for a simple reply on help) Some will offer team viewer but may charge for support. ( please note you must know the basics on adding and removing a test line or sub line if requested to do so) Also offer c lines or n lines **
  5. A break down or a site or even a email telling us what channels we can get for our money. A lot of servers don't offer PPV or box office / xxx as a norm ( IMHO the ones who do don't have cards as this would costs 100`s of pounds a day to order all the PPV movies and are connected to loads of other servers who do )
  6. To offer discount on long term subs or a lot of boxes/lines. ( please note some honest servers wont do more then a year sub and some only offer monthly subs to stop people complaining if gone within 6 months )
  7. Mutiroom subs. Please note some servers will charge you for this and some wont as long as at same ip.
  8. Remember a vu / xtrend / double tuner WILL use two connections if recording a channel and watching one. This could lead to glitching or scrambled channels if you are trying to hide a double connection on some servers. As a line is a connection to server to de code channels.
  9. PING*** times for the connection. (This is both parties, you and them. We know a 2mb line min is needed for a connection to receive , even seen a 3g dongle used ) Anything over 250ms ping may give you glitches.(this is not your download speed ping from a test, but a ping to their server)
  10. Price for a good server? To me i started 2 years ago paying £20 a month and £120 a year. But prices have lowered, but think people a low low price does`nt mean a good server and to be honest sounds like to me that will be over sub-scripted . Do research and test a few servers before making your mind up. ( does a cheap server reply to emails or help with install? but a higher cost server is there all the time? )

DON'T BUY 18 / 24 OR 36 MONTH 100% GUARANTEED GIFTS

HD CHANNELS ARE GONE AS OFF JUNE 2014

GUIDE TO CHANNELS FOR 28.2 EAST

People don't seem to understand on all CS sites what the normal channels are and what third party add on channels are,
they are the following:

bt sports and espn sd/hd
boxnation sd/hd
Asian channels ( all 12 or so of them, they are from 3 diff companies. zeetv, b4u and geo)
Adult channels ( again 2 diff companies, playboy and red hot )
nollywood
setanta
racing channel
pub channel
PPV
Box office

Also in the the UK, you cant subscript to rte1,setanta from a sky uk card.

A small break down for you (you can work out value for money ) about costs:
To get every channel from sky and plus the third party add-ons is a lot of money each month ( over £200 per month ) IMHO it makes me laugh how many people want every channel on the planet and pay £30 a year for it from a cheap box and moan daily about the server going down, glitching ect) Now add to this the demand for a PPV movie each hour per day and you can see now on how much it really is to subscript to get channels via a dish in the uk.
So as above research is always key. Some servers may miss channels you like but is rock solid and has great support. Yet a cheaper one with all channels is unwatchable.

UP KEEP:

A lot of boxes on the market have to have up keep done monthly. By this i mean as in channel lists move a lot. This is not upto the server to spoon feed you with files each time, as im sure they spend their time on other things. So you have to update your channels list or fav list. Buy a cheap box, you must keep it up dated, buy a better box, less upkeep. It has been proven from tried and tested that cheap boxes even on a rock solid server still will disconnect , glitch or even go scrambled from time to time.

Always check your own equipment before posting on a site or contacting a server. 9/10 a simple reboot of a box solves problems.

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-...-channels-read-here-first-before-posting.html

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/54128-newbees-how-add-c-line-n-line.html

* Resellers:
They are people that go from site to site selling lines for a server OR hold a server connected to muti connections and make a percentage of each line.
They also may buy bulk lines from a server and sell on to make money and sometimes don't care about you at all in regards to support or channel problems. (try staying with a real local server)

** clines and n lines:
Nline= NEWCamd Server
Cline= CCcam Server
BOBLESS: Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms. CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines. if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance.

***PING:
This is ping times to a server. In your line would be a url. This is what you would ping to test (under 50 is great , under 100 is normal but over 200 will have problems on some boxes )
This is also effected by wifi dongles on some boxes. A lot of people will chat on some sites about "hops" Hops are how many cards/points of contact are in front of you.

you---->Your Server ----> Server -----> Server ----> Server
-HOP0--------HOP1---------HOP2--------HOP3

some boxes tell you what hop you are on. As in this example. I`m watching a server that is linked to their home/local so shows as hop 2.
my box, server hop1 , linked to their home server hop2. Anything above hop2 walk away.

I hope my honest opinion helps and will add more when we get feedback
Please remember if helps, hit the thanks / likes
(y)

I reserve the right to ask a mod to remove your post to another area if it is not to do with the above

Last edited:
above is my new guide ( can some one spell check :) )

i will add more about c lines and n lines, when i can find my post on here

Last edited:
again Satman this is a good guide however, when a good server costs around 100 per anum or £13 permonth they say "thats expensive" these people in my opinion who want to pay £50 should for see problems.its like what has been said before "you get what you pay for in this game" a point to note aswell if you are really into your footy and live in the uk if you buy a bigger dish you will get a glitch free service on the Irish channels. providing your supplier is using local cards. good suppliers should use local cards for 13.e aswell and they will normally charge this as a seperate server.

Last edited:
please edit post mike :) admin says we cant get into the:

As per admin, we ask that you do not post any mention or comparison of servers as it only ends up in arguments!!
He also does't want to see anyone discussing their own server in any way
!

re word recommend A server lol

can this one please be made sticky, as this is the revamped one mods

and removed the other one ( same tittle ) thats sticky

thanks

BUMPED as someone on PM said could not find the guide

Back