H.265 codec?

jclappi

Hi all,

I'm currently running Wooshbuild 4, I have some mkv files which I had moved across from my PC to the HDD in my box through the Samba plugin. When I try to play them on the H2S I hear audio but see no video. As soon as I try to exit or stop I get the spinning blue circle and my box freezes, I have to hard reboot (switch off and on at the back to restart) I wasn't sure why as it wasn't happening with all of the files but I tried playing them on my PC and they worked fine and then I tried using the media player from the plugins menu and when I played them in there, although the same thing happened I also got a popup to the affect of Gstreamer H.265 decoder not available.

I googled this and can see that it relates to a codec and at present my H2s doesn't have it I presume, I had a look through the plugins list and couldn't find anything relating to it.

I think I have found an ipk but I'm not sure whether it is going to install codecs that just work in the current player or a different player as the download is listed next to vlc. Has anybody else come across anything like this. If I did have to install another player would it work with the H2S? Would it just populate in the plugins menu and not overwrite the player that's used by default? Would it become the new default player?

Back