Satellite H.2H takes 30 minutes to boot up from power off: hardware/software issue?

panorama93

TK Veteran
I have a Zgemma H.2H box running OpenATV 6.4 with WooshBuild Infinity and SkyQ V3.500 skin that takes around 30 minutes to initially boot up from power off. It is power rated 2A and I use 2A PSU. After booting up and left powered on it reboots and restarts normally. Is this a hardware or software issue? Can the 30 minutes boot delay be removed or reduced?

Last edited:
That doesn't sound right, the first thing I would do is reflash it, maybe just flash with bare ATV 6.4 and see how long that takes to boot up from power off and then add Wooshbuild and do the same.

That doesn't sound right, the first thing I would do is reflash it, maybe just flash with bare ATV 6.4 and see how long that takes to boot up from power off and then add Wooshbuild and do the same.
Thanks Grog for the quick reply and tips, I will try as you suggested...

UPDATE...
I followed Grog's suggestion to flash the Zgemma H.2H box with bare OpenATV 6.4 to see how long that takes to boot up from power off, and now present the following 3 Test Results:
TEST 1. Flash Zgemma H.2H box with OpenATV 6.4.
1. Copied latest OpenATV 6.4 from Nightly Downloads onto 2GB USB Drive
2. Inserted USB Drive in rear slot
3. Turned on rear white power switch while depressing front silver power switch
4. Front display shows BOOT, then USB
5. When USB shows, released front silver power switch
6. Front display shows FLSH... after a minute changes to BOOT with red LED...
7. After 30 minutes, display changes to BOOT with green LED, and boots up from -0- to -49-
8. Then I set up box with OpenATV only, on Astra2 28.2E channels etc.
9. When fully set up, powered off box and left overnight for 10 hours.
TEST 2. Turned on same 'cold' Zgemma H.2H box from power off.
1. Display shows BOOT with red LED...
2. After 30 minutes display changes to BOOT with green LED, and fully boots up from -0- to -100-
3. Turned off 'warm' box (and immediately switched it on again for Test 3).
TEST 3. Turned on same 'warm' Zgemma H.2H box from power off.
1. Display shows BOOT with red LED...
2. After 30 minutes display changes to BOOT with green LED, and fully boots up from -0- to -100-
Above 3 Tests show the box always needs 30 minutes to boot up from power off, and when left powered on it works normally.

Last edited:
Psu is knackered.
Get a 3 or 4 amp one from ebay and try it
Many thanks for reply and advice. The 2A PSU is OK as I have tested it in another box and it works perfectly. But I have a couple of 3 and 5 amp PSUs and will try them, then update my test results.

Last edited:
Many thanks for reply and advice. The 2A PSU is OK as I have tested it in another box and it works perfectly. But I have a couple of 3 and 5 amp PSUs and will try them, then update test results.
IME the box needs more power when booting up and/or flashing.
A slightly weaker supply will become this way with an older device but a newer box may boot up fine with same psu.
It's where the 1001 "stuck on boot" threads come from.
In 99% of cases a new psu cures this...yours is going same way, 30 minutes now, if it was ignored it would take an hour then even longer until it would be "stuck on boot"

IME the box needs more power when booting up and/or flashing.
A slightly weaker supply will become this way with an older device but a newer box may boot up fine with same psu.
It's where the 1001 "stuck on boot" threads come from.
In 99% of cases a new psu cures this...yours is going same way, 30 minutes now, if it was ignored it would take an hour then even longer until it would be "stuck on boot"
Thanks for helpful reply and advice. I am trying with all my 3A and 5A PSUs and will update later...
I am also watching a 5A PSU on eBay that you previously recommended:
12V DC 5A 5 amp 60W POWER Supply ADAPTER Transformer for LED Strip, CCTV COOL | eBay

Back