H2 "Tune Failed" Problem

Dean131

H2 "Tune Failed" Problem

Hi,

I hope that one of you guys can help me out.

I just got my first zgemma H2, the guy I got it from set it all up for me being posting.

Anyway, when I took it out of the box and plugged it all in all I got on screen was the "Tune Failed" message!

The guy I got it from was brilliant and by using TeamViewer via my laptop he was able to get it all sorted for me and it was up and running in no time.

It worked great all yesterday and was fine when I turned it off last night and went to bed, However, when I went to turn it on again a few minutes ago it did the same thing as it did yesterday, just ran through the set up and then came up with the same "Tune Failed" message??

Can anyone please explain why this happens and what I can do to stop it happening again, I don't think I like the idea of getting the guy to set it all up for me only to be told that it can never be turned off and can only be put in standby at nights so I would be very grateful if anyone can offer some advice.

Thank you in advance.

---------- Post Merged at 03:31 PM ----------

I have just heard from the guy I got the box from and he says that it has to be left switched on 24/7 ??

Is this correct, do all you guys leave yours on 24/7??

I have had loads of boxes over the years but I have never had one before that needs leaving on 24/7 and have to admit that I wouldn't have bought it had I known.

It doesn't help that they guy has to work so if it accidently gets unplugged again then I am always going to be without it until he gets home from work!!!

Ah, well, we live and learn !!!

Hi m8,

Thank you for replying.

I know I am going to sound stupid but i haven't got a clue m8, I am one of those people who buys these boxes and just likes to plug it in and watch, which is what I thought I was buying from this guy, had I know that it would mean leaving a box switched on 24/7 then I would never have bothered, I already have a good line on the sat and a good vm setup, I just thought it would be nice to have both on one box to make things a bit tidier and only have one box on the go instead of 2, but having to have it on 24/7 defeats the object!!!

I haven't heard back from the guy all week so I am going to try pushing him today to sort it out, I have now set the box up on it's own socket so it can be left on all the time, but I will be glad when the years vm runs out so that I can get rid of the box!!!

I have had a H2 running both cable and satellite for ages without any issues. These boxes are made to be left in standby no problem and only use about 1KW whilst on standby.
Whilst in standby it will run a channel scan overnight and refresh your epg so its up to date.

Back