H2 useful tips here

scolly

I finally have my h2 up and running with sly and vm , as I do not see a user guide for newbies I will ist what I did and if anyone needs any more info please message me .

1) installed Mtpockets 4.2 openatv image ( absolute must this image is ace and this guy has really thought about it and it also includes the stuff you need eg mgcamd and cccam )
2) I have sly running on cccam and VM running on mgcamd 1.38 ( this means I have both cams running together , the VM line you use has to be for cable/DVBC not 2 sly lines like I originally tried DOH!!!) I set CAM 1 to mgcamd and CAM2 to cccam use left and right on the remote to change cam type .
3) the last thing I struggled with was the region for my VM (netid41060 frequency 666750 symbol_rate 6952 Manchester 1) had to do a few scans

Hope this helps someone

thanks for this mate, will come in handy as i just ordered a h2 also, should be here tomorrow fingers crossed! This is probably a stupid question but will the channel list be mixed e.g sky and virgin channels all mixed? Or do you have to navigate to a sat or cable side? cheers

thanks for this mate, will come in handy as i just ordered a h2 also, should be here tomorrow fingers crossed! This is probably a stupid question but will the channel list be mixed e.g sky and virgin channels all mixed? Or do you have to navigate to a sat or cable side? cheers

you use abm which stands for auto bouquets maker , what it actually means in English is it creates channel groups for your area . So for my setup its all sly first at the top and then below I have VM and its all in categories .Most posts etc I have read have been all jargon once you realise what it means it is easier

Last edited:
I finally have my h2 up and running with sly and vm , as I do not see a user guide for newbies I will ist what I did and if anyone needs any more info please message me .

1) installed Mtpockets 4.2 openatv image ( absolute must this image is ace and this guy has really thought about it and it also includes the stuff you need eg mgcamd and cccam )
2) I have sly running on cccam and VM running on mgcamd 1.38 ( this means I have both cams running together , the VM line you use has to be for cable/DVBC not 2 sly lines like I originally tried DOH!!!) I set CAM 1 to mgcamd and CAM2 to cccam use left and right on the remote to change cam type .
3) the last thing I struggled with was the region for my VM (netid41060 frequency 666750 symbol_rate 6952 Manchester 1) had to do a few scans

Hope this helps someone

Cheers for this, ive got my h2 all set up just with sky and only just had virgin broadband installed so will be looking for a line, but i thought you could only run one cam at a time??? mine seems to say you can unless im doing something wrong?

I think if your using both cable and sky your connections will run with either Mgcam or cccam depending on your line, if you've got 2 nlines then there shouldn't be any issues and you can switch from cable to sky

Back