H2H - Virgin

Stojoe

Hi guys,

Need some help. Very new to this. Have managed to sort the sat box out. My friend has Virgin and I'm looking for a beginners guide.

Is the h2h the equivalent to the h2s but for cable?

What else will I need for the h2h? Read about Rf connectors and so on? Also read that you have to have an active cable, does that mean you still have to keep a basic package going with virgin?

Also, does the h2h allow you to watch one thing and record another?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The H2H is a Cable + Sat tuner. One tuner for cable, another for Sat. You can't have two cable feeds, so to record two things at once you'll need to hookup both the cable AND a satellite dish, and you'll also need 2 lines, one for cable and one for sat.

The cable will have to be active - that means connected up in the Virgin cabinet. The only way of guaranteeing this is to have some sort of supply from them (usually broadband). There's the chance it will remain connected in the cabinet without an active subscription, but one day they can come round and simply unplug it.

Cable typically uses an F Connector, and the boxes utilse a Coax RF connector so you need an adaptor - just search an auction site for F Connector to Coax.

Joe, if you use sucmnsee or mtpockets back up builds in the popular download section, this will pretty much sort you out. Just a case of adding your net id, set up your egg on your sub/hard drive/ run autobouquets/ job done, providing you've managed to get yourself a cable connex

I've posted my own image too, specific for the H2H and preset for cable (rather than the usual H2S and sat) but no one has commented on it yet :beg:
It's just a few threads down in this h2h forum.

I've posted my own image too, specific for the H2H and preset for cable (rather than the usual H2S and sat) but no one has commented on it yet :beg:
It's just a few threads down in this h2h forum.

Just had a wee look mate, cracking idea and will save lots of folk hassle. I'm assuming you use it yourself and all is working well. TBH, I'm not interested in addons, just the tv viewing to be working tip top.
Hopefully anyone starting out on the cable route will give it a bash!

Back