H2S Modified to H2H

Holmesy

Hi guys, 1st of all not sure if its best to post in this forum or the h2h forum as it's about my brothers h2h that turned out to be a modified h2s.
To start I have an h52tc, and we were comparing SNR etc, over the phone. His was quite low around 65% on all channels while mine is around 85 - 90 % on all channels.
So I got him to check his SNR & AGC via the signal finder in the menu, just to compare it to mine.
His SNR 69% / AGC 10 %
My SNR 89% / AGC 99%

His virgin cables are fine, splitter is good, everything as it should be.
I tested his box on my set up and his SNR and AGC were exactly the same ( low ) on my set up, so to me, it seems an issue with the box.
I then went and tested my box up his house, just to rule out any issues with his set up, and everything was spot on with my box SNR 90% and AGC 99 %
The funny thing is my mum has the same modified box, as I bought them a couple of years ago and her SNR AGC are the same as my brothers.
They both have issues, a lot more than the norm, but we are all using the same line supplier, mine is fine tbh.
Is it possible there could be a problem with the tuners that they have put in these boxes?
I take it that is important that AGC is high AGC = Automatic Gain Control - which means signal strength
It's weird because his sports channels seem to be working ok, but others not so good.
Can it be fixed if it is a problem with the installation of the tuners?
Any help guys would be appreciated

Back