h2s red led only no boot/flash etc? help please

rob1975

hi guys its been a while as everything has been great (apart from sly taking channels of c/s),
today my z gemma is now stuck with red led, no picture at all, i tried putting wooshbuild z gemma folder on root of fat 32 usb and turning the box on but nothing still no display at all on box, i tried holding down standby on the box whilst powering up but still nothing.
Any help please, i have tried to read up but most problems are the box will not boot etc but at least they have a display on the box, mine is just the red led?

i apologise if this has been asked and answered but i searched a bit and failed,
thanks in advance, rob.

i tried 2 diff flash driveds both in fat and ntfs but not low format tool? what and how for this please

found usb formatter and preparing flash drives? but both my drives were clean and reformatted on windows to fat 32 then ntfs, not sure how this will low format?

yes, with no display at all just a constant red led. ive unplugged hdd and ethernet and sat cables etc son only power and tv connected too.
it seems like its not even trying to boot

yeah its been off most of the day as the missus text me this morning to say it wasnt working. left it off all day?
i m hoping it can be sorted as got loads left on my sub and then was looking into iptv using this box box but unless someone can help its a good brick!
thanks for your input sam its appreciated.

mine did this last night
had to return the h4, so stuck the h2s back in just to have something to mess with
well, started it up ran update, box wouldn't box

so went to just do a clean flash
same as you, only go a red light

so tried it 3 or 4 time, no joy
so last time i turn it on press the front power button the normal amount of times, when its set yo none force
and just left it, came back after dinner and it was sitting at the setup screen

hi silver can you clarify is it set to non force? i have tried leaving usb in with zgemma folder only on the root in fat 32, when i press standby button on the box nothing happens the red red stays lit but no signs of anything on the display, like i say i left it for about 20 mins and nothing, but dont quite understand did you leave usb in back with zgemma folder on root and more or less walk away?

the standard atv is always set to nonforce

i just did it the normal way i always do

usb fat32
file layout zgemma/h3/
box off at white switch
usb in rear
box on at white switch
pressed the front power but twice as normal (even with nothing on lcd screen)
walked away
waited
seen green light on box
box at setup screen

well can only try this, thanks, anyone else with an opinion please help while i wait.

thanks benijofar i dont have another power supply but will hunt through the kids stuff now to see if a suitable one is there, seems strange tho for that to work, my next step is another new box! might have to plug my old hd box back in fro free view in mean time!

hi guys its been a while as everything has been great (apart from sly taking channels of c/s),
today my z gemma is now stuck with red led, no picture at all, i tried putting wooshbuild z gemma folder on root of fat 32 usb and turning the box on but nothing still no display at all on box, i tried holding down standby on the box whilst powering up but still nothing.
Any help please, i have tried to read up but most problems are the box will not boot etc but at least they have a display on the box, mine is just the red led?

i apologise if this has been asked and answered but i searched a bit and failed,
thanks in advance, rob.

Have a look here :-
http://www.techkings.org/threads/help-zgemma-h2s-will-not-boot-red-light-only.131677/#post-786744

Back