H2S settings imported to H9Twin

ghostdog

I have a motorised setup on my H2S running Wooshbuild. I am planning on upgrading to a H9Twin and installing Infinity. Can I import my H2S settings into the H9Twin to save me setting up the satellites again?

That H9T is a terrestial box and the H2S is a satellite box. So what do you mean by settings? To me it means channel listings? So be careful.

Im really just looking to back up my satellite settings, everything else I can do easily. Spinning a dish round from 28E to 30W to setup is a pain

Use dreamboxedit to save your channel list then re-load to new box, easy peasy. Its free. Do you use usals?

Use dreamboxedit to save your channel list then re-load to new box, easy peasy. Its free. Do you use usals?
I don't use usals I use DiSeqc. I forgot about dreambox edit, I've got it on my PC. I could probably also use webif. I'd forgotten about all these tools

People say "Settings", but it means different things in different contexts.

If you want to re-use the file that has your Motor positions, then the answer is yes if tuner numbers/letters for tuner with the motor are same. The file is called "settings" and located in /etc/enigma2.

Stop Enigma2 on new receiver with "init 4" first before transferring the files. You can also use your autotimer.xml and timer.xml.

Restart with "init 3" command.

If tuner letters are different, you can still do it. Edit file with Notepad++ before transferring. They are lines that start with Nims

Bouquets are obviously still usable.

That H9T is a terrestial box and the H2S is a satellite box. So what do you mean by settings? To me it means channel listings? So be careful.

The original poster said "H9Twin" not H9T. The H9Twin has two DVB-S2X satellite tuners. The H9Combo has one terrestrial tuner and one sat tuner.
The H9Twin is a great box and allows up to 4 different images to be installed. I've got one as my second box to experiment and play with.
I'm not aware of any "issues" with it.

I don't think restoring settings from a h2s to h9twin will work, works fine when on same model of box but when doing on different boxes it is very hit and miss.

I agree. I would not do a wholesale restore of settings. There is loads to potentially go wrong. A clean install is always better.
However, as Abu Baniaz suggested, a careful copy and paste of the appropriate motor settings from the "settings" file at
/etc/enigma2/settings
could save a lot of time setting up the new box if the motor configuration is complicated.
Remember to to stop enigma2 with
init 4
before editing the file.
Start enigma2 again with
init 3

Back