H2S to H7C

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi

Im very likely to be investing in a H7C box soon...just need a bit of help in making sure I’ve all the right splitter, connectors,etc before the box arrives.

At the moment I’ve got a h2s with 2 feeds....if I use just the one feed from the sat feeds will that still pick up all the remaining working channels on the h7c?

Would I need a 3 way splitter?
2 F connectors?

I’ve got about 5-10 meters twin coaxial left over, that should be okay to use with h7c ?

Thanks

Yes one sat feed and you will need 2 separate cable feeds so you will need to split the existing feed with a 2 way splitter.

Ok so if split the main feed using a 2 way splitter and then add a cable from one of the outputs to go back into router attenuator then the last output feed will go into the H7c box ?

Yes, if your box is near the router the cable will need a 3 way splitter - 2 cables to the H7C and 1 to the router.

Thanks Willo. Yep the box will be right next to router... Thought I’d need the 3 way splitter rather than a 2 way splitter.

Read somewhere on here the lab gear splitters are good.

Also the f socket to rf coax would be the male ones?

Attachments

• BDEF5464-ADFB-4049-8DD7-0937A450B9C2.jpeg
    BDEF5464-ADFB-4049-8DD7-0937A450B9C2.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Try to keep the cables from splitter to zgemma as short as possible as long cables will result in signal loss, if you get the 3 way Labgear, you can put 2 cables to the box and one to the router..not sure what you mean with 'twin coaxial' if you intend using it for sat and cable, one cable from dish to dvb/s tuner, two cables from splitter to dvb/c tuners and these are the 2 cables that need to be short - don't use the 5-10m cable you have left over for this, 1.5 -2m cables are cheap as chips on fleabay with moulded ends already fitted, compression fittings are bare minimum, don't use taped on, DIY made up cables for VM, they will cause too much interference

Back