H2s Unable to reboot after deep stand by

Gedi

i put the h2s into deep stand by mode because I was going away for a few days, when I returned the box refuses to start its just stuck on boot I don't want to re flash as I've just got it working as I wanted. I'm just wondering if I'm not doing anything I should be to get it to kick in. I've got the openatv 5.1 set up and a 300gb hard drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Remove the Hard drive and any other USB devices from the receiver and try again, just out of curiosity did you have EPG or even ABM set to update automatically as this could be the cause

I've removed the hard drive still the same will not boot, and yes I did have the epg set to update automatically.

Looks like the script for the EPG could have corrupted the image due to not being able to start with the box being in Deep Standby which is the same as switching off from the mains. I feel you may have to re-flash this to get it up and running again

Didn't want to but I've now reflashed and all working again, so what your saying then is don't put the box in deep standby unless you first make sure that epg isn't set to update automatically.

EPG or ABM or anything else you may have setup to update, i am not saying it was that that caused the fault but perhaps on your newly flashed receiver that if you try again putting the box into deep standby even if its just over night without any auto update script running, and see if you have the same problem.

worth a shot

Back